'Will Export' Keywords should be copiable in the Library module

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatrickC

Well, the title says it all really.

If you select 'will export' in the Keyword Tags pane, Lightroom displays the keywords which will be exported.

While revising my images with Alamy, I realised that there is no way to simply copy these 'will export' keywords because you can't select them.

In the end I used LR Transporter, but it would add useful flexibility to be able to do a simple copy and paste.

Feature request already sent to Adobe.

Patrick Cunningham

You can use either the Copy Metadata, Paste Metadata or the Sync Metadata functions to do this.
Select the image with the correct "Will Export" keywords. Copy Metadata Ctrl + Alt + Shift + C. Click [Check None]
Expand the section called "Keywords" Place a check in the box. Click [Copy].
Select your target image or images "Ctrl + Alt + Shift + V. The keywords shown in the copy dialog will be the "Will Export" keywords, including containing and synonyms. They will paste into the new image. At least they did when I just tested it.

Hi, thanks for your post. I'm having the same problem when I try to copy and paste into Alamy's custom keyword fields. Pain in the butt to be honest but would also appreciate the ability to just copy the 'will export' keyword list directly from the panel. I've treied the method you suggested but find it also copies the containing keywords even if these are set not to export. Is there a way of exporting the 'will export' list as it appears directly to a text file or something or some simple utilitly that reads the metadata and allows you to copy and paste? I'm away to look at LR Transporter now.... :-\

Rikk

This is not the problem, I'm an advanced LR user (I've been involved from beta 1). It's not copying keywords within Lightroom where there's a problem, it's copy/paste to a programme (or in my case a website) outside of LR.

Bigalba

You can export the 'will export' keywords using Lightroom Transporter, a plugin written by Tim Armes which you can download and try free here:
http://www.photographers-toolbox.com/products/lrtransporter.php

It's very powerful; you can select which metadata fields you want to export, you can export to individual xmp sidecar files or you can export to a csv text file for a batch of images. It's quick and easy to use, but having to use it for individual images just adds a few extra steps to the workflow which could be avoided by being able to copy-and-paste.

Patrick

True, if you are exiting LR and needing to past the keywords it won't work. Never ran across it in my workflow so I never tried it.

You could export the particular images to it's own catalog and then export the keyword list of that catalog to a text file. Not an elegant solution or even passable but it would work.

Glad LR Transporter worked for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back