• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Will be replacing computer soon…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred Valentine

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
6.x
Lightroom Version Number
Stand-alone LR6
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Hello Friends,
i am using the standalone LR6 I purchased several years ago. I am planning to replace my computer with a newer one that has Windows 11. Will I be able to use my LR6 on it?

As long as you have your license key, or it's on your Adobe account. Many are using Lr6 on current Windows. Lr6 authenticates with the Adobe servers once installed.

Hi Fred/Paul,
I am trying to reinstall my 2015 LR6 on my new Windows 10 PC. I see my product in my Adobe account including my key. I click on the "Download" button and I receive the following message ("Installer no longer available"):

1670175741956.png

I then tried to install from a copy of the installer program I saved when I bought the original. The error message said some problem with the Application Manager.

1670176007608.png

After some research I downloaded Creative Cloud and tried installing from the saved .exe again. The error message said:

1670176536951.png

I tried to contact customer support but I could not find a way passed the FAQs.

So it looks like short of cloning my old drive, you cant use my "Perpetual License" software. I suppose that means the "Life" is the life of the computer, not mine, unless you have a way around my dilemma.

Does anyone know how to get in touch with Customer Support?
  • Go to account.adobe.com
  • Sign in (if you aren’t already)
  • Adobe Help Center (bottom right in the footer)
  • Bottom left Sign in to contact us (you don’t actually sign in, you already are)
  • Use the Virtual Assistant in the box to the right - persist here and it should offer you a Support Agent

Paul and Jim,
WOW! You are stars, what a relief, thanks a lot, safely reinstalled. If you are ever near me contact me and I will treat you to a dinner (Johannesburg). +27823387131. I used Jim's link and saved Paul's for possible future reference.

Keep up the good work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back