• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Will Adobe ever add plug-in capabilities to Lightroom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sh1209

Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom mobile
Operating System
  1. macOS 11 Big Sur
I don’t understand why Adobe hasn’t added plug-in capabilities to Lightroom mobile. With that and better export options, I think many of us could ditch Lightroom classic altogether. I frequently use topaz plugins as well as helicon focus. It almost seems they could create a basic and pro version of the Lightroom cloud program. It would be so nice to be able to use one program across all devices.

Will they? Probably. Just a matter of priorities. It’s far harder to ensure that photos sent to other software gets back to the cloud storage, than it is to get them back to hard drive storage in Classic.

Will they? Probably. Just a matter of priorities. It’s far harder to ensure that photos sent to other software gets back to the cloud storage, than it is to get them back to hard drive storage in Classic.
It would certainly be nice. I like aspects of both programs but it would certainly be better to only use one.

Due to the nature of mobile platforms, I think it is more likely that Lightroom will work with other mobile platforms apps using the “Share” option or something like it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don’t understand why Adobe hasn’t added plug-in capabilities to Lightroom mobile. With that and better export options, I think many of us could ditch Lightroom classic altogether. I frequently use topaz plugins as well as helicon focus. It almost seems they could create a basic and pro version of the Lightroom cloud program. It would be so nice to be able to use one program across all devices.
Apple decided to sandbox the apps in iOS, so the possibilities to write a plugin for another app are probably very limited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back