• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Will 7.3 on iPad work with 7.1 on desktop ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeteGB

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I’m very cautious about updating my desktop till I’m reasonably sure things are stable. I’m a bit more going ho with my iPad.

The new profiles look interesting. Do I need to update the entire ecosystem or will my 7.1 desktop understand profiles applied to photos by 7.3 iPad ?

Thanks

Pete

7.3 for iPad is a long way away, but I understand what you mean. I'm not completely sure, but I think this will not work. You probably have to update both to sync the profiles.

What I think would happen if you changed the profile on the iPad (or phone or Web or LRCC desktop) to a new profile introduced in this update, but you didn't update Classic to 7.3, is that the profile in the Camera Calibration section in Classic would default to Adobe Standard. That happens even if in Classic it was previously set to use a profile other than Adobe Standard. That's how it works when I briefly tested it.

Agreed, Jim, I checked that out at one point and found the same

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back