- Nov 16, 2015
- California, USA
- Lightroom Experience
- Lightroom Version
Adobe seems to be pushing us in varioius ways to use DNG, but I'm not convinced yet? I'm a relative newcomer to Lightroom so I'd like to tap into the wisdom of people with more experience than me:
- Does LR do a better job DEVELOPing a DNG as compared with an NEF?
- Does DNG include all the data in an NEF, including the Maker Notes? That is, do I lose any information if I convert my NEFs to DNG?
- For my images already in LR and DEVELOPed and PUBLISHed, can I still convert the NEFs to DNG? If do can do that, will I lose all the edit data?
- Can Lightroom recognize for cataloging purpose an NEF and a DNG of the same image? Does this make the catalog bigger?
- What are the advantages of staying with NEF?