• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

why do my photos look different on desktop vs iOS app?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.15 Catalina
hi all.
for some reason the photo im editing on the desktop app isn't showing as the same on the iOS app.
syncing has finished. might be something to do with user profiles.
any ideas why?

IMG_3099.pngScreenshot 2021-05-08 at 08.44.23.jpg

thanks but I don't think its that.
when I export the photo and look on the Mac screen it look different. the shadows are completely out.
might it be that I used a vsco preset on the Mac and it somehow hasn't transferred that to the iOS app?

thanks but I don't think its that.
when I export the photo and look on the Mac screen it look different. the shadows are completely out.
might it be that I used a vsco preset on the Mac and it somehow hasn't transferred that to the iOS app?
Yes, that could be the explanation. AFAIK, the VSCO presets are not just presets, they also include custom profiles. Those profiles may not have been synced.

Normally profiles are synced if they are imported in Lightroom desktop, but these profiles are probably not imported (I assume they are installed in the Camera Raw folder, because I think they are .dcp profiles, not .xmp profiles). I don’t know enough about VSCO to answer that definitely, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back