• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Why can I not see folder names in LR 10.1 on MacOS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

photography_6

Lightroom Version Number
10.1 Release
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.15 Catalina
Hi all.
Tearing my hair out here. I have LR 10.1, and my photos are on an external drive. On the drive, they are classed in folders according to what I was actually photographing that day. So, 'Honeymoon', 'Paris_2013', 'Family', 'Grandparents', 'Bicycles' etc.

During one of my imports, I meant to set the destination folder as 'Bicycles', but accidentally made it 'Bikes'. Now my external drive has 'Bicycles' with some photos and 'Bikes' with some more.

I want to move the photographs from one, into the other. The problem is that I can't seem to find those folders in the Library view. Screenshot attached.

I have tried everything I can. Right-clicking on a folder and then doing 'show parent folder' only shows another parent folder, with a date.

Is there a way to do this cleanly, without corrupting the database? Is there a way to display only folder names, replicating the structure of my external drive?

Thank you.

Attachments

• piccie.png
    piccie.png
    68.5 KB · Views: 165
Your folder should be visible in the folder panel. The screen shot shows folder with Date names. Are you sure you did not import by date and create a Bike collection?

You should be able to search for one of the image file names and choose Show Folder in Library. To see the folder in the folder panel. By selecting all of the images in the “Bikes” folder in Grid view, you can simply drag these to the “Bicycles” folder and drop them. When the Bikes folder is showing 0 images in the folder panel, you can choose it and select “remove” from the context menu.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Right-clicking on a folder and then doing 'show parent folder' only shows another parent folder, with a date.
Right-click on that parent folder and choose ‘Show Parent Folder’ again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back