Which licence do you have: Perpetual (LR 6) or monthly CC?

Which licence do you have?

• LR 6 - perpetual license

Votes: 13 34.2%
  • LR 2015 CC - monthly payment plan

Votes: 13 34.2%
  • LR 2015 CC - annual payment plan

Votes: 10 26.3%
  • Other version of LR

Votes: 2 5.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilBurton

Lightroom enthusiast (and still learning)
Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Please complete this poll. Thanks.

Phil

I cannot vote; still using 5.7 but will go with CC at some stage

What's the objective of the poll, Phil?

I've amended the choices for other CC plans and other versions of LR

By LR 2015 CC do you mean the Photography Plan?

There are other options that you do not list

The survey is ok, but it would also be interesting if a member of staff could query the data base of members (maybe restricted to those who have recently been active) and see what it says about versions and platforms.
Dave

We've only recently added the perpetual vs. subscription option, so only about 500 people have filled in that information so far. It's tipped slightly in favour of the subscription at the moment.

By LR 2015 CC do you mean the Photography Plan?

There are other options that you do not list
There are several Adobe plans. I think All give you access to LRCC. The Photography Plan is probably the most popular among photographers

What's the objective of the poll, Phil?
Jim,

This may be a long shot, but here is my reason. My "day job" is product management, and one of the big decisions in product management is pricing.

A lot of people here make comments that imply that they expect or believe that Adobe will release a perpetual license V7. Of course, no one knows for sure. I would personally like to see a V7 released, but I'm not convinced that Adobe will do that. However, IF, IF, IF, if I could show Adobe survey data from a large enough sample that shows a significant group of people are still on a perpetual license, then maybe I can influence that decision. That sentence was full of conditionals and suppositions, so I can't predict the outcome.

Does this make sense to you?

Phil

Phil, since the best you can get is a small sample, and Adobe has the actual complete numbers, I do not see how this could ever teach Adobe anything.

Phil, since the best you can get is a small sample, and Adobe has the actual complete numbers, I do not see how this could ever teach Adobe anything.
Ferguson,

A lot depends on the sample size here, and of course the total population of Lightroom customers. All surveys are subject to an error, including surveys data Adobe might do about people's intentions to switch from perpetual to CC, or the other way around. In this case, let's say that the split between perpetual and CC is 40/60, based on the survey. The margin of error could be 2-3-4 percentage points. It's a data point, that's all. It's another reason to potentially re-examine assumptions about pricing, including whether or not to offer a LR 7 perpetual license.

If the sample size is too small, then so be it and the idea dies here. If the result is overwhelming in favor of the CC version, same.

A lot depends on the sample size here, and of course the total population of Lightroom customers. All surveys are subject to an error, including surveys data Adobe might do about people's intentions to switch from perpetual to CC, or the other way around.

Your question is "what do you own" not "what might you buy in the future".

Your question attempts to estimate the number of licenses of each type sold. Well, not even that, it seems to aim to estimate a proportion, since you have no idea of the proportion of the population the sampled set represents.

Adobe knows that number exactly (well, exactly less I guess abandoned licenses, but still they know the number sold, and the number of machines registered currently).

For CC they know it precisely and up to the minute.

I'm not objecting to you collecting data, I just think the idea you will teach Adobe anything from it is ... let's say quite optimistic.

I'm not objecting to you collecting data, I just think the idea you will teach Adobe anything from it is ... let's say quite optimistic.
Perhaps. But a salesman once told me that if you don't ask for the order, the answer was NO.

So maybe the poll needs to be, if Adobe go CC only, would you stick with your current LR version, upgrade to CC, or go find other software. It sounds like that's what you're actually trying to get at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back