Which is better for new Mac: Upgreade or full version?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PollyT

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
I've been using Lightroom since 2008. Have a new Macbook. Tried to download the upgrade I purchased and couldn't do it. Called Adobe Support but they couldn't help me. So I got a refund on that. Should I just buy the full version or buy the upgrade, again. Thanks.

Polly,

Welcome to the forum!

You'll save money getting the upgrade. The download is exactly the same for the upgrade as for the full version--the only difference is the serial number that comes with the program when you buy it. Go for the upgrade, and if you have trouble, come back and we'll get you sorted out.

Hal

Thanks, Hal!

I wasn't sure if the upgrade was equal to the full version. Now I can save a few dollars!

I really appreciate the fast answer. I know I'll be back!

Polly

Polly, what you will need to install the upgrade is the current license number from the version that you own. Since this is a new computer, unless it has your current version installed and registered, the upgrade will ask you for the licensed version if it can not find a prior registration before proceeding with the upgrade registration.

Polly, what you will need to install the upgrade is the current license number from the version that you own. Since this is a new computer, unless it has your current version installed and registered, the upgrade will ask you for the licensed version if it can not find a prior registration before proceeding with the upgrade registration.

Thanks. And, again, I appreciate the help.

Polly

Bonjour,

I have a similar question, just to be clear:

having upgraded my camera, I needed to upgrade PSE, LR and finally windows.
I bought updates and installed PSE10, LR4, W7 correctly.
Unfortunately, I then needed to seriously upgrade my computor...I am assembling a new one.
My question:
I have the serial n°s of thePSE7, LR2 needed, but as these are installed on my old computor, will my upgrades function ( I have already 'lost' my W7 upgrade ) ?
Thanks for comments &/or advice.

Viarmois, welcome to the forum. Yes, you can transfer the licenses of PSE and LR. The license for LR allows for the installation on two machines (I'm not sure about PSE licensing.) The only restriction for the LR license is that both installs can not be used coterminous with each other. (IOW you can install LR on your laptop and your desktop but not your desktop and your spouses laptop.)

The only requirement that Adobe makes for upgrade installs is that the install needs license numbers for both the upgrade and the prior qualifying version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back