• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Where's my Camera Roll?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hman

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic version: 10.3
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I use LR Mobile's camera with my iPhone SE 2020. Until this past April, phone images appeared in LR Classic's Camera Roll folder. On Mobile, says images are syncing, but nowhere to be found. Currently LRC 10.3.

I need suggestions as to where to find these. Of course I could email them, but that's a pain. Might they be going to an older catalog? Thanks in advance!!

If you use the Lightroom camera, then your images never go to the camera roll, which is the Apple image storage. Synced images will be downloaded into a separate ‘device’ in Lightroom Classic. That looks like a separate disk in your folder panel. If you added the images to an album in Lightroom Mobile, then that album should sync to a collection in Lightroom Classic, located in a ‘From Lightroom Mobile’ collection set (that name may be different, because Adobe tends to change names each time people have gotten used to the previous name).

I may not have been clear. There is a folder in my LRC called From iCameraRoll. See below:

1628985068894.png

Until a few months ago, images taken with the iPhone camera in LR Mobile , as the above shows, were saved in this LRC folder. They no longer do although they show up in LR Mobile library. I need to find out where they are going. Older catalog? Who knows. That is the problem for which I am seeking help.

Thanks

Syncing can only happen with the currently enabled Classic catalog, so check under the Cloud icon (top right of the screen in your Classic catalog) to make sure that syncing is still active. If it is, forget "older catalog" as only one catalog can be sync-enabled at any one time.

So, assuming syncing IS still active, first check the Preferences>Lightroom Sync tab to see what the current location for downloaded images has been set to. Obviously at some point it was set to your "From iCameraRoll" folder, but is it still set that way? If it's not, how is it set?

Have you used the Library filter to filter on "Camera", selecting your current iPhone, then change the next column in the filter to "Date" to see if there are any images showing for 2021. If there are, select one and right-click on it to select "Go to Folder in Library", which will open the folder in the Folders Panel.

Solved!!
Selected all images in iPhone LR Mobile Library.
Changed sync preference to: iPhone CameraRoll
Resynced from LR Classic, all images now in the above folder in LR!!

Thanks for your suggestions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back