• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Apple TV and Web? Then you'll love my new book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit Like a Pro!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Where is Lightroom CC (Cloud)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sizzlingbadger

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Is the new "Cloud" version of Lightroom CC supposed to magically appear as a download in my Adobe CC Apps drop down ? or do I have to do something to get it to appear?

I can't see it, I have the Photography CC Bundle at present and have checked updates.

Screen Shot 2017-10-19 at 11.03.51.jpg

sizzlingbadger

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Good point !

I forgot to try that, should have known better having been putting up with the flaky CC app for a long while now ;)

It worked - thanks !

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
I’d got the same issue and have tried everything i can think off to get the new LR CC to show up, Nothing works. Getting very frustrated as i have it at work (under a different account) and it looks like something I can make use of.

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
I’d got the same issue and have tried everything i can think off to get the new LR CC to show up, Nothing works. Getting very frustrated as i have it at work (under a different account) and it looks like something I can make use of.
What have you tried Dave? And what kind of sub do you have?

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
What have you tried Dave? And what kind of sub do you have?

Hi Victoria.
Ive deleted and re installed the Adobe CC desktop app (twice), Logged out of all CC products (PS and LR first). I even deleted LR Classic. When i first updated to Classic the updater left a non working copy of of the old LR CC on my PC, although Classic worked ok from a different icon. I dont think this has anything to do with the issue though as the new LR CC has never shown in the Desktop app.
Im on the 20GB Photographic package.

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Ive deleted and re installed the Adobe CC desktop app (twice)
It might have been done already, but have you rebooted the computer? There is also CC Cleaner app that resets some things not touched by uninstalling

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
It might have been done already, but have you rebooted the computer? There is also CC Cleaner app that resets some things not touched by uninstalling
All good questions asked, but nobody has notice, nor asked, which version of Windows you are using.... Adobe have not been very forthcoming with the nugget that the new Lightroom CC is not supported under Windows XP.

Nor under Windows 7

Not even under your Windows 8 64-bit

You need to be running Windows 10 (64-bit) Version 1511 or later

Took me a while to find that - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC system requirements and it saves me the difficult decision as to which way to go :)

GZ

Status
Not open for further replies.