• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Sync Where is "Delete All Synced Data" documented for Lightroom Classic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clare Macrae

Premium Classic Member
Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.15 Catalina
I am trying to find documentation about "Delete All Synced Data" in Lightroom Classic on Mac, to understand its behaviour, and any options it may have.

I have searched for it in Feb 2022 edition of "Adobe Lightroom Classic Missing FAQ" and the Adobe online docs, and cannot find any write-up of it.

Where should I look please, or can a description of how this works be added to a future edition of the "Missing FAQ" book?

Solution
Using the "Delete All Synced Data" can be used when you want to take the nuclear option to delete all your cloud content. Pressing that button on the Preferences>Lightroom Sync tab will produce this message:

Screenshot_19_03_2022__20_06.png

The actual deleting all of your cloud content in one go is handled in the LrWeb app in your browser, and the details are covered on page 540 of your Missing FAQ book.
I wondered too. But ended up just deleting one by one instead to get LrC and LR back in sync.

I wondered too. But ended up just deleting one by one instead to get LrC and LR back in sync.
Thanks. Mine isn't about a sync problem, though.

I may end up asking a specific question about my scenario, but I would much prefer to be able to find some documentation on "Delete All Synced Data" to figure out my solution safely.

Using the "Delete All Synced Data" can be used when you want to take the nuclear option to delete all your cloud content. Pressing that button on the Preferences>Lightroom Sync tab will produce this message:

Screenshot_19_03_2022__20_06.png

The actual deleting all of your cloud content in one go is handled in the LrWeb app in your browser, and the details are covered on page 540 of your Missing FAQ book.

Solution

Brilliant. Thank you. That confirms to me that this is not the feature I am looking for, and I will start a separate thread with the specifics of my problem.

It wasn't at all obvious to me from the button wording that "Delete All Synced Data" deleted the storage on the cloud, as opposed to just removing locally cached copies of the cloud data that have been synced to a particular LR Classic installation (which is what I need to do).

I've searched on that page for "Delete All Synced Data" and I'm not seeing the text.

I do feel that understanding that exact button is quite a key part of docs on LR Classic, and being able to search for the button text and then have pretty much your exact wording would be very helpful to future readers of the FAQ.

So, I'm a little dense but if I understand selecting that option in preferences doesn't actually clear anything from the web you still have to go out to the site https://lightroom.adobe.com/ and clean it out? Does it do anything at all other than open the informational window?

Does it do anything at all other than open the informational window?
Not any more....IIRC in the early syncing days it used to be possible to delete the cloud data via that prefs setting, but that was changed a while ago to make the LrWeb app the only place with a one button delete option (which makes some sense, as the Web app is the user's only direct portal to the cloud content).

I've searched on that page for "Delete All Synced Data" and I'm not seeing the text.
No, that specific item isn't listed there. The book concentrates on the action needed after clicking on the button to open the LrWeb app. Yes, it might be helpful to make a specific mention in the book about that option in the LrC Preferences, and I'm sure Victoria or Paul will have noted accordingly.

Thanks for flagging it up, I’ve made a note to add it to that question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back