Where does LR/Transporter Store Presets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

atj777

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
6.x
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
Lightroom 6.12 had a brainfart a day ago and reset itself. I lost all my settings and plugins. I have been able to get my plugins back but the data associated with them is gone.

I have LR/Transporter and had a hundred or so presets which I'd rather not have to manually recreate. Does anyone here know where those presets would be stored?

I have a Mac Mini running MacOS 10.12.6.

I have my image files and catalog on an external drive which I backup regularly. I also use Time Machine to backup the main drive.

I have also emailed Tim Armes but hoped someone here might know the answer.

Thank you, atj777, for posting this. I needed to restore just the presets for this one plugin, because when I switched computers, I didn't get all the presets transferred. Luckily I have backups.

In order to copy the presets for just this plugin, LR/Transporter, from a backup copy to your current working copy, you need to do the following.
* Quit Lightroom Classic
* Find the file listed above (actually now called ~/Library/Preferences/com.adobe.LightroomClassicCC7.plist on my computer), and copy the file to your desktop. Put it in a folder named "current" on your desktop.
* Find the same file in your backups (in my case, on a Time Machine disk) and copy that file to a folder named "older" on your desktop.
* Now copy the file in "current" to a new folder named "hybrid"
* open the file in "older" using XCode, and search for "sdk_com.timothyarmes.lightroom.lrtransporter" and copy the entire string to the clipboard. It will be many lines long.
* open the file in "hybrid" and repeat the same search, select the entire string, delete and paste (or just paste)
* save the file in "hybrid" and quit XCode
* delete the file ~/Library/Preferences/com.adobe.LightroomClassicCC7.plist and put the version in "hybrid" in its place
* Launch Lightroom Classic and see if everything is OK
* If you have any problems, you can always use the version in "older" to revert to your original settings

This should work to copy the presets of various plugins if you need to. However, some plugins, like Jeffrey's Metadata Presets, actually use their own files to save preferences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back