When importing files from a memory card my files are duplicated in LR? How do I correct this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MK Ruggie

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic Version 11.1
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.15 Catalina
When importing files from a memory card my files are duplicated in LR? How do I correct this?

By chance, do you shoot both RAW and JPG and have enabled treat JPG as a separate file in Preferences?
1640295473317.png

i shoot in raw but yes, the box highlighted in your response is checked. if i uncheck it, will it solve the problem?

i shoot in raw but yes, the box highlighted in your response is checked. if i uncheck it, will it solve the problem?
I don't know. I was just suggesting a potential solution based on what you described.

I shoot RAW+JPG but only import RAW into LrC. If I ever need a JPG of the original RAW file, I can get in from the embedded preview.

ok, thanks....the problem may be in the camera's menu...i use a Sony ar7ii. or maybe the card itself could be corrupted. have a great holiday season.

ok, thanks....the problem may be in the camera's menu...i use a Sony ar7ii. or maybe the card itself could be corrupted. have a great holiday season.
You can change the cameras mode settings to only shoot RAW and not RAW+JPEG. Since there is a full JPEG thumbnail embedded in the RAW file, there is no reason to set the camera to record RAW + JPEG

Are you importing directly in Lightroom or via Bridge/Adobe Photo Downloader?
If you're importing via Lightroom, choose Copy at the top of the screen
Also make sure "Don't Import Selected Duplicates, and "Make a Second Copy To" are both UNchecked
Make sure "rename Files is UNchecked - if you check this, Lightroom makes a new folder within the folder you're downloading to (annoying).

@JCVPhoto You might not have noticed but this thread is 6 months old...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back