• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

When do we see LR 10.4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilBurton

Lightroom enthusiast (and still learning)
Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Classic 10.3
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
LR 10.3 was released June 8, and I thought that Adobe has a two month release cadence.

Just wondering.

Phil Burton

It's not a set 2 month cycle, some have been 2, some have been 3 since Classic was first introduced.

I think the timing of decimal releases depends on the severity of the bugs and when manufactures release new cameras. If the current crop of bugs aren’t that severe and few Cameras are released in the preceding two months., update can take longer to appear.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

"Every two months" is a good rule of thumb.

Since LR 7, Adobe has released LR Classic every 60.4 days on average. Excluding the release of 9.3, which took 126 days due to Adobe scrambling to handle the beginning of COVID, LR Classic has released every 57.3 days on average (every 8 weeks). There is modest variation, with the release after Christmas taking a week longer, and the occasional "patch" x.x.1 release occurring sooner to fix urgent bugs. The standard deviation is 20.6 days, 14.9 days excluding the 9.3 COVD release. That is, about 2/3 of the releases have been 57.3 days +/- 14.9 days.

This is much more regular than the release schedule of the prior perpetual verions of LR.

From Lightroom Classic Updates:

1629056649279.png

Version 11 will come out in the fall even if there are little or no changes.

Not until we see NR Sensei ;)
I wish (but I'm not holding my breadth.)
Version 11 will come out in the fall even if there are little or no changes.
These "major version' numbers are almost meaningless with a roughly two months minor release cadence with some new and improved features in each minor release.

For those using an Apple Silicon machine, the August release of LrC and CR are both Universal mode apps! So your machine no longer needs to do Rosetta II emulation for the 3 Adobe photo apps: PS, LrC, and CR!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-08-17 at 7.39.46 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-08-17 at 7.39.46 AM.png
    50.2 KB · Views: 134
Adobe got a hard time when it went subscription. At least you get updates. I purchased DXO PL3 at the fall release. Canon released the R5 in August of the following year. No RAW support until PL4 came out in the fall and you had to pay for it. I didn't. If you mention it in forums you get every excuse in the book - even the dog ate their homework.

For those using an Apple Silicon machine, the August release of LrC and CR are both Universal mode apps! So your machine no longer needs to do Rosetta II emulation for the 3 Adobe photo apps: PS, LrC, and CR!
Ummmm, last releases were too. Except tethering in Classic, that's still Rosetta.

Ummmm, last releases were too. Except tethering in Classic, that's still Rosetta.
I was asleep at the wheel on that one. Indeed we could do Universal starting in June.

I don't have the notice yet but the work around is to log out and then in again.

Did that and LrC, PS and Camera Raw have updates. Not sure about Lr. Not installed.

I see it is in the Blog. Doh! I always miss that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back