• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • The December 2019 Lightroom updates are now available. Lightroom Classic is just bug fixes and new cameras in this release, but it fixes a whole load of macOS Catalina issues.
    Lightroom (cloud-based service) has export options and direct import on iOS and the ability to contribute photos to someone else's account from the desktop/mobile apps.
    The Missing FAQ and Edit Like a Pro eBooks are already updated for the changes.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom 6 questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom 6 - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. When you upgrade to subscription, there's also a Lightroom Classic version available.

what version LR do I have?

Mo Giro

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Operating System:
Exact Lightroom Version (Help menu > System Info):
I am as new to LR as one can be. How do I know which version LR do I have on my MAC?

Is there a Forum specific for very new users who have very basic questions about navigating around LR, how to display a certain page, how to find the Histogram when you are editing, etc?

tspear

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Start with the first question listed in your post.
Click on Help, then click on System Info.

Tim

Mo Giro

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Thank you, Tim. As I mentioned I am just learning my way around and and will be using the cloud based Light room..most interested in basic editing. Am not a computer person per se but have to use it in order to process my pics. At this point, it appears most internet tutorials focus on Classic Lightroom..any recommendations for learning resources for the new cloud based Lightroom?

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Classic
Hi Mo

Victoria is currently working on a book specific to Editing in Lightroom CC (Cloud-based as you mentioned) but meantime if you haven't already her free Quick Start eBook will get you to grips with the basics - click Home above and it's in the middle of her home page (just select the correct eBook then)

We're good with basic questions here btw!!!

Paul

Last edited:

Mo Giro

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Hi Mo

Victoria is currently working on a book specific to Editing in Lightroom CC (Cloud-based as you mentioned) but meantime if you haven't already her free Quick Start eBook will get you to grips with the basics - click Home above and it's in the middle of her home page (just select the correct eBook then)

We're good with basic questions here btw!!!

Paul
Thank you, Paul! I will download now. I have another question, one of many, will write in a new thread.