What to do when sign out/in doesn't fix LRCC start issue??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minivini

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Ive been hammering away at this since yesterday with no success. Just deleted LRCC and deleted (as best I could) the CC app, then reinstalled both. Signed out then in, yet again, to no avail.

Ive tried chat support and abandoned that after an hour of no response.

LR 5.7.1 runs well. Windows 8.1.

Can someone help??

Just a thought - you are running a 64 machine, right?

Ive been hammering away at this since yesterday with no success. Just deleted LRCC and deleted (as best I could) the CC app, then reinstalled both. Signed out then in, yet again, to no avail.

Ive tried chat support and abandoned that after an hour of no response.

LR 5.7.1 runs well. Windows 8.1.

Can someone help??

Can you try holding down the Shift and Alt keys when you try to start LR CC. Does it get as far as asking if you want to reset preferences (likely not, but just want to make sure)?

Didn't succeed BUT some progress. When I hold ctrl/shift and double click the icon, it opens up the properties window. Under the Compatibility tab, I ran "Run compatibility troubleshooter". That opens a window that allows me to "test" the program. The first time I did this, I selected "Reset Lightroom Settings" that you suggested might pop up. That was the first time I saw the LR icon open in my task bar. Then I got the familiar "continue trial" window, but then back to nothing. The icon disappeared. I can occasionally get the window to pop up asking if I want to reset LR to its default settings, but I never get past the trial splash screen, and I haven't gotten the LR logo to reappear on my task bar.

So, only the most vague glimmer of hope at this point...

I did learn that if I hold ctrl/shift while pressing the LRCC icon in CC, the window pops up asking if I want to reset LR preferences. Whether I press yes or no makes no difference. I get the registration (trial) splash then nothing.

After you reset the preferences (ctrl/shift? It's supposed to be alt/shift), have you then tried the CC app sign out/in procedure?

Sorry, it's alt/shift I'm pressing. Yes. I've deleted the SLCache file every time. I repeated the process after logging out and back in.

Occasionally, the Adobe logo will pop up on the task bar while the reset preferences screen is up, but they both keep disappearing. I keep getting the trial splash screen, then nothing. If I select "license this software" that proper window appears asking for the code, which I obviously don't have.

Sorry....wish I could help, but not sure what to suggest. If I was in your shoes I'd be trying a full prefs reset (i.e. I'd rename the complete Preferences sub-folder, thus hiding previous prefs files), then do the sign out/sign in thing, then try to start LR again. If that doesn't work, try running in Safe Mode (doubt it would work, but what the heck!). Final suggestion would be to create a test user account and try running LR under that.

If none of those suggestions work, all I can do is refer you to the official bug report forum (link at the top of the page) where all the cases such as yours are being looked at to try to find a pattern. As you can gather, that means no magic bullet yet. Provide as much information as you can, that site is being closely watched by Adobe staff....maybe piggy-back on this thread:

http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lightroom-6-cc-doesnt-launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back