What music you listening to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Simonius

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Just wondered what music peoople lsitened to while doing their LR thang...

Im listening to Quantum Jump>Barracuda>'Neighbours'

oh yeah - 8);)

Thank you for asking. Mostly Jazz, not so much 'modern jazz' but the older and the latest. I am lucky to have an NPR station here that does 2' hrs of Jazz. and two other so fill in much of the rest. I hardly listen to CDs or iTunes music at all. Plenty of variaty!!! in my chosen listening style, on the air.

:)

Don

I think Quantum Jump almost qualify as jazz, well 'jazz-rock' - took me agesto get hold of the albums - oh they're called Cds now , innit;)

also listening currently to manu Chao- La Radiolina

wonder if any patterns will emerge?

rcannonp;23'8 said:
Radiohead - especially "In Rainbows"
Wilco
The Decemberists
Camera Obsura
Yo La Tengo
Arcade Fire

All of the above + Pela
Anything involving Kristin Hersh

Hm... normally just about anything, from Linkin Park to Billy Joel to RUSH to Siouxsie and the Banshees. Depends on the mood and the iTunes playlist. When I was active on the road at work, especially at night, it leaned more towards KMFDM or NIN, but that's another story for another time. 8)

Eric Clapton, Cream, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Rory Gallagher, Jeff Beck, Santana, Ten Years After, Robin Trower, Uriah Heep, Krokus, Argent, Traffic; just to name a few.

Eric Clapton, Cream, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Rory Gallagher, Jeff Beck, Santana, Ten Years After, Robin Trower, Uriah Heep, Krokus, Argent, Traffic; just to name a few.

Now there's a list I can relate to!;) although I haven't heard most of that stuff since the 7's. Must ask my mate John....

The Cure, The Fray, The Wedding Present, Jarvis Cocker, The Killers, Snow Patrol.

Pink Floyd, Rainbow, Jean-Michel Jarre, William Orbit, AC/DC all got aired on the Squeezebox yesterday.

John

Maybe this is the thread where I can ask a question. I have no idea who among the "new groups"(post 2''') would play music I would like. I'm 57 and grew up with the Rolling Stones, Beatles, Led Zepplin, etc. I love Rock and also Soul(Temps, 4 Tops, etc.). I want to find out who among the newer performers I would maybe like. My 13 yr. old son says the big group among his friends is "My Chemical Romance". What kind of music do they play, and who else is out there? Thanks, Jon(the dinosaur:lol:)

Maybe this is the thread where I can ask a question. I have no idea who among the "new groups"(post 2''') would play music I would like. I'm 57 and grew up with the Rolling Stones, Beatles, Led Zepplin, etc. I love Rock and also Soul(Temps, 4 Tops, etc.). I want to find out who among the newer performers I would maybe like. My 13 yr. old son says the big group among his friends is "My Chemical Romance". What kind of music do they play, and who else is out there? Thanks, Jon(the dinosaur:lol:)
Given the bands that you listed I don't think that you would like MCR that much. They're kind of a pop-punk sort of band. Here are some that you might like.

Ryan Adams - "Easy Tiger"
Feist - "The Reminder"
The Decemberists - "The Crane Wife"
Wilco - "Sky Blue Sky"
Band of Horses - "Cease to Begin"

Search for them in iTunes to get an idea of what they are like. iTunes has been a great resource for finding new music.

Im 54 ( a young dinosaur) and to some extent am in the same boat. What I do is listen to the Radio! Thne I make a note of whatI like and then either listen to a snippet on iTunes or ( more often) go into the store and listen to the t racks there.

also MTV??? ( a bit desperate that;-))

I am also fortunate that a lomg time frind buys a lot of music , but his tatse is not the same as mine, the the radio is a good one.

I listen to internet radio on iTunes mostly

Do you listen to your son's music? I found a few I liked from listening the the stuff my gtirls played.

Nearly 59, and much prefer the Jazz covers coming out these days for much of the Early rock and folk of many artists including the Beatles, Elvis, Leonard Cohen, Lora Nero and the like.

Don

DonRicklin;3''6 said:
Nearly 59, and much prefer the Jazz covers coming out these days for much of the Early rock and folk of many artists including the Beatles, Elvis, Leonard Cohen, Lora Nero and the like.

Don

who's covering them? i.e. which Jazz musicians?:)

That won't be so easy to answer. Do you have iTunes? Go to WICN.org and click on the Listen Online link. You will get 2' hrs a day streaming Jazz and they play this stuff. They also have info pages on featured artists.

Don

DonRicklin;3'14 said:
That won't be so easy to answer. Do you have iTunes? Go to WICN.org and click on the Listen Online link. YOu will get 2' hrs a day streaming Jazz and they play this stuff. They also have ifo pages on featured artists.

Don

OK cheers I take a dekko

If I remember some names I'll drop them to you.

Don

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back