• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • The November 2019 Lightroom updates are now available. Lightroom Classic includes the ability to export the same photos as multiple sizes/formats in a single export, content aware fill for panorama edges and more. It does require a catalog format upgrade and there are updated system requirements, so you may want to wait a few days before upgrading.
    Lightroom (cloud-based service) has export options (such as TIFF format, renaming and color space), custom sort order on the desktop, copy/paste to multiple photos on iOS and more.
    The Missing FAQ and Edit Like a Pro eBooks are already updated for the changes.
  • Just a quick head's up - we'll be moving to a new server on Wednesday 20th November around 2:30PM GMT. There should be very little downtime, but it may take your DNS servers up to 72 hours to update (although you can clear them manually).

What music you listening to?

J

Jon DeVaul

My son was never interested in music until he felt the need to fit in with his friends, so he really doesn't listen to anything unless he's in the car with me, and then he gets to hear the Stones, Led Zepplin etc.:lol: The funny thing is every Memorial Day weekend, we have the "Blossom Festival" and they have musical groups perform. One of the top Beatles tribute bands in the world performs every year("Paul McCartney" grew up here). They do the Beatles from the early '6''s through Abbey Road. Many of my sons friends act just like the kids in the '6''s-dancing, screaming etc. Also Sonny Geracie(The Outsiders-"Time Won't Let Me") lives here, and performs-the kids love his music too.

After I posted yesterday, I did go to iTunes and looked up groups that had one thing in common-album(CD) art shot by Dave Hill. Ghostface Killah, Soulja, and My Chemical Romance. I know you only get like a minute of listening per song, but here's my take-GFK-don't like rap. Soulja-actually not bad.:shock: but MCR reminded me of bubble gum(Archies, Cowsills, etc:roll:). I'll keep searching iTunes, and give some timely "dinosaur reports";)-gotta go now, I'm running out of smilies to use:D

J

Jon DeVaul

My son said one of the groups that's hot with his friends is Fall Out Boy. He thinks they suck, I like them:shock:

Also I was listening to Pearl Jam, and Red Hot Chilli Peppers-I like both of these, but please don't tell me they've been around for 2' years or more:lol:

I Simonius

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
currently.... " a Portrait of Boogie woogie Piano' especially Albert Ammons...

yeah!;)

DonRicklin

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
I Simonius;311' said:
currently.... " a Portrait of Boogie woogie Piano' especially Albert Ammons...

yeah!;)
I have an original RCA Red Label 78 rpm set of Alber Ammons and Pete Johnson Boogies.

:)

Don

DonRicklin

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
that's the stuff!;)
I'm also in to very old Romanian folk music, duennas and the like, played on the old instruments, Hammer Dulcimers, Pan pipes, fiddle and Shawms.

Any early Django, also....

Don

I Simonius

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
I'm also in to very old Romanian folk music, duennas and the like, plyed on the old instruments, Hammer Dulcimers, Pan pipes, fiddle and Shawms.

Any early Django, also....

Don
Now that sounds interesting!

DonRicklin

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
I Simonius;3'11 said:
who's covering them? i.e. which Jazz musicians?:)
Well, Cyrus Chestnut (out of New Orleans) has a new CD Covering Elvis stuff, for instance.

Don

B

Bry

I have a very wide range when it comes to music, owning about 17k CD's. Here are my current favorites:

For those that like Progressive Rock: PORCUPINE TREE, or anything else by STEVEN WILSON, AYREON, DEVIN TOWNSEND, DREAM THEATER, KEVIN MOORE, OSI, OPETH

For those that like Hawaiian: BAREFOOT NATIVES, HAPA, WILLY K, HENRY KAPONO, ERIC GILLIOM, KEAHIWAI, OLOMANA, KEOLA BEAMER, and many more.

For those that like everything else, go to www.burningshed.com, I pretty much own every album from this label.

DonRicklin

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Sounds like advocating Copyright infringement, and coming from a Cop?

Come on Ian, I have lots of musician friends that would not take kindly to this.

I know it is widely done, but.

Don

I Simonius

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Ian Farlow;36'7 said:
Um... wow! :shock: I'm thinking rip all to MP3/AAC and sell them. Even at a dollar a CD, you've made a pile 'o' cash! 8)
naughty naughty!:!:

chris02

Lightroom Version
Eric Clapton, Cream, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Rory Gallagher, Jeff Beck, Santana, Ten Years After, Robin Trower, Uriah Heep, Krokus, Argent, Traffic; just to name a few.
Great list, couple to add Led Zep and Deep Purple

I Simonius

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Hey I gotta get some 1' yrs after and Argent - I had forgotten about those guys!

Ian Farlow

Founder
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
DonRicklin;36'9 said:
Sounds like advocating Copyright infringement, and coming from a Cop?

Come on Ian, I have lots of musician friends that would not take kindly to this.

I know it is widely done, but.

Don
naughty naughty!:!:
Doh! You're right... I wasn't thinking when I typed that. I don't advocate piracy in any form, and this is definitely one form of it. My apologies for providing a bad suggestion. :oops:

Etrsi_645

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Robert Johnson...

Etrsi_645

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version

I Simonius

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
:lol:

I remember there was this magasine witha 'free' blues CD eack month and I started t collect them and RJ was one of the first ones, but when It got to Buddy Rich, or Buddy Guy ('Rich Guy'?) or someoene like that I lost interest,

My best friend however is totally into the blues, unlike me who is very selctive.. RJ I like though;)

R

Richard Earney

Radiohead - In Rainbows - gorgeous!
Arctic Monkeys
Bat For Lashes
The Pigeon Detectives

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
5.x
Reviving a very old thread! I was hit with a short deadline on a fairly large shoot this weekend and needed all the help I could get. It turns out that Bill Evans is just the thing. Napster allows me to work my way chronologically through his albums. Jut what the doctor ordered.

--Ken

Zenon

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
This is an old thread and a good list. Haven't listened to Gallagher and Trower for years.

Eric Clapton, Cream, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Rory Gallagher, Jeff Beck, Santana, Ten Years After, Robin Trower, Uriah Heep, Krokus, Argent, Traffic; just to name a few.
Deep Purple - Tommy Bolin played on Come Taste The Band. I'm a big fan. If anyone is interested give Billy Cobham's Spetrum a listen. Jazz Rock/Fusion/Progressive Rock with Billy Conham, Jan Hammer and Lee Sklar. Hammer and Bolin play some pretty awesome alternating solos.

If we are going back we also have to add The Who and Floyd.

Current. Since I'm also a Stevie Ray Vaughn fan the last several years I've been really enjoying Joe Bonamassa. Seen him twice. In this last year I have really gotten into Greta Van Fleet. Seems like every old Zep fan loves these kids. You don't here this type of music from that generation these days.

PhilBurton

Lightroom enthusiast (but still learning)
Premium Classic Member
Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
This is an old thread and a good list. Haven't listened to Gallagher and Trower for years.

Deep Purple - Tommy Bolin played on Come Taste The Band. I'm a big fan. If anyone is interested give Billy Cobham's Spetrum a listen. Jazz Rock/Fusion/Progressive Rock with Billy Conham, Jan Hammer and Lee Sklar. Hammer and Bolin play some pretty awesome alternating solos.

If we are going back we also have to add The Who and Floyd.

Current. Since I'm also a Stevie Ray Vaughn fan the last several years I've been really enjoying Joe Bonamassa. Seen him twice. In this last year I have really gotten into Greta Van Fleet. Seems like every old Zep fan loves these kids. You don't here this type of music from that generation these days.
Beethoven symphonies, concertos and sonatas. Chopin polonaises. Schubert symphonies, Bach Brandenberg concertos, etc. Also Verdi and Puccini operas.

Phil