• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

What happened? the Grad Filter points have disappeared

Status
Not open for further replies.

michael8765

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
When I use the grad filter I can't see the 'points' anymore....how do I bring them back?

I find this tool mystifying - any suggestions as to where I might get some guidance about using this tool?

Hi Michael,

After applying your grad filter and exiting the grad filter dialog in the right panel, the 'point' disappears. You can only bring it back by entering the grad filter dialog again. If you do so, the point will reappear. Please note that you can only alter the settings of that point after clicking on it first. The point appearance will change from solid white to black with a white edge. Now you can change the values. If you don't click on the point first, you will make a second grad filter when clicking and dragging anywhere in the image.

If you did all this and the points still don't appear, there is something wrong. I assume you are looking at the right image and didn't create a virtual copy?

Selwin

Also check what setting you have in the toolbar below the loupe. If you have it set to "Auto" the lines and pins will disappear as soon as you move the cursor off the image, even while the tool is still active. If you want, change the setting to "Always" then the pins will always be visible if the tool is active.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back