• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom 6 questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom 6 - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. When you upgrade to subscription, there's also a Lightroom Classic version available.

What do you mean by "unofficial" support?

brentj

In your announcement I noticed you said that Lightroom 2.' has:

*NEW* Unofficial camera support - Canon 1'''D, Nikon D7''

What do you mean by that? I haven't had time to download 2.' (I need to wait until I get home tonight) so I haven't been able to test it out. Can LR2 import D7'' raw files?

I've been shooting with my new D7'' since Saturday and it is AMAZING. If LR2 already supports it, well, that would be even better.

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
It just means it hasn't been through all of the full quality controls yet, but yes, it works.

brentj

It just means it hasn't been through all of the full quality controls yet, but yes, it works.

So there are no risks with importing and developing my D7'' raw files? That is great news. I guess I am good to go.

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
You are indeed good to go!

brentj

Not as good as I thought. I just bought and paid for Lightroom 2. After installing it on my computer I tried to import 214 Nikon D7'' Raw files. When Lightroom starts the import I get the error "The files appear to be unsupported or damaged."

I have to tried to import from the card... no luck.
I moved the files to their destination folder manually and tried to import from there... no luck.
I opened the RAW files in NX2... that worked fine.
I shot RAW+JPEG. The JPEG files open just fine.

I guess D7'' Raw isn't as supported as we originally thought. Any ideas on something I could be doing wrong? I am shooting 12-bit lossless compressed.

:frown::frown::frown:

You are indeed good to go!

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Can you drop me a file Brent? http://vbftp.net - username webupload, password 123

brentj

:oops::oops::oops:

Scratch that. We're going to go ahead and chalk this up to user error. I had to do a restart of my computer for something else, and when I did, I opened Lightroom 1.4. That is why the D7'' files didn't work. Time for me to clear unused icons off the desktop. I have LR1, LR2Beta, and LR2 icons sitting right next to each other. I just got confused.

Sorry guys. Everything is working great now.

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Oh that's good! Well done!