• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Export What are the best settings and formats to export to a photo-rich blog?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joelle.dejonge

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom classic 10.1.1
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.15 Catalina
My blog is running a little slow. I am experimenting with different export options and also read about different types of jpeg formats, but know too little about it. Can anyone help me with this? What are the best options for
- a background picture for a landing page?
-thumbnail picture (that then is also picked up by Mailchimp for the newsletter
-in blog picture
-social sharing picture.

I hope this will be of general interest and am looking forward to your advice!

Joelle

Last edited by a moderator:
What software is the blog running on?

It is in the Squarespace environment. How does that influence things, I'm curious?
(I'm really just looking at options for Lightroom exports, not for post website import at the moment)
Thank you!

Because most blog software does the resizing automatically. So you can export from LR at any large-enough size, upload to the blog, and it will prepare the resized version(s). My guess is that MailChimp will do the same.

Ok, so in the end, the lightroom settings are more or less irrelevant. I checked and Squarespace does the resizing.
What LR setting would you use, i.e. what do you consider a "large-enough size"?
Thank you so much for your help!

Ok, so in the end, the lightroom settings are more or less irrelevant. I checked and Squarespace does the resizing.
What LR setting would you use, i.e. what do you consider a "large-enough size"?
Thank you so much for your help!

Two things to consider:
1. What is the maximum size that Squarespace will display after they resize?
2. What quality setting are you using in Export?

I would resize images to fit in that maximum setting that Squarespace displays. IOW, you do the resizing so that SquareSpace does not need to (you keep control of the process)
Take a look at Jeffrey Freidl’s JPEG Quality article and use the recommended quality setting for web. Remember even though Lightroom has a scale of 1-100, there are only 12 compression levels.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back