• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Library module Weird problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johan Grobbelaar

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
LR6.14
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
devmodule.JPG
libmodule.JPG

The problem is that the image in the Lib module does not reflect the changes made in the Dev module.
Might be finger trouble but I do not know where to look :( Any suggestions please?

Are you sure that this is not the same picture?? there is no indication that this is the result of the developing actions you took. Did you really save the manipulated picture?

I suspect it’s because it’s heavily saturated. Develop uses a much wider color space, whereas Library has to drop down to AdobeRGB because it uses rendered JPEG previews.

I suspect it’s because it’s heavily saturated. Develop uses a much wider color space, whereas Library has to drop down to AdobeRGB because it uses rendered JPEG previews.
Mmm, interesting Victoria - that geranium is that saturated red and to my my eyes the result I see in the develop module matches the flower ...
So, you are saying that when I export a photo from the library after developing the RAW file as SRGB for web usage I lose that saturation?

when I export a photo from the library after developing the RAW file as SRGB for web usage I lose that saturation?
Unfortunately, yes. These satured red doesn't exist in sRGB and they will remplaced replaced by a less saturated red that exists in sRGB.
BTW, you can use the soft proofing in the develop module to see on your screen what your image will look like in sRGB.
For such images where there is very saturated color, I have them printed on a specific provider capable of printing with a large gamut. The result is nice but the price is 4 times the price on on standard provider!

If you send your image to be seen on someone's screen (by email or thru a web site, for exemple) remember that most screen are not able to display colors outside sRGB, therefore these people have no way to see your saturated colors on their screen...

Unfortunately, yes. These satured red doesn't exist in sRGB and they will remplaced replaced by a less saturated red that exists in sRGB.
BTW, you can use the soft proofing in the develop module to see on your screen what your image will look like in sRGB.
For such images where there is very saturated color, I have them printed on a specific provider capable of printing with a large gamut. The result is nice but the price is 4 times the price on on standard provider!

Ah yes, I forgot soft proofing ... thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back