• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Weird Edging on photos in lightroom

Status
Not open for further replies.

awol.photos

Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Hi. I've been using lightroom for years but now I've suddenly got a weird pixilated lined edging coming up on my photos before I edit them. So I'm losing a good cm all round my photo. Its not on every photo, and if I don't crop the photo, it will still be there on the saved image. Help... its annoying!
sample.jpg
Classic

What lens was used for that photo? It looks like a known issue with the Canon RF 24-240 lens profile, so if that is the lens used here the workaround is to change the lens profile. There are two versions of profile for that particular lens, the default is the 24-240 v2 profile which causes the issue, but if you switch to the original non-v2 profile the problem should go away.

Of course, if that's not the lens you used we'll have to look elsewhere for the solution.

See this bug report for details:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/came...24-240-exhibits-edge-artifacts/idi-p/12342389
Please add your constructive opinion to the bug report and be sure to click Like and Follow at the bottom of the first post. That will make it a little more likely Adobe will prioritize the fix, and you'll be notified when the bug's status changes. Product developers rarely participate in this forum and won't see your feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back