Weird behaviour in LR5 with Canon 5d MKiv files

Status
Not open for further replies.

graham.r.hardy

Lightroom Version Number
LR5.7.1. Camera Raw8.7.1
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.13 High Sierra
So I know this is an old version but its been perfectly adequate to my needs, and has behaved happily on my computer, (a Macbook Pro 2013, with High Sierra which I know is also old). LR 5 wont read the CR2 files form the Mark iv, so I have to convert in Adobe DNG Convertor. Important to know that this combination of camera and Lightroom version, convertor and computer have been happily working together since I got the camera over 2 years ago. Yesterday I started to do some test shots. Opening them in Lightroom the Temp and tint sliders are suddenly over sensitive. If I move either one a few degrees the colours change dramatically. If I select the white balance setting 'Custom - as shot ' the tint shoots over to the right to 102, if I move it to the middle, the picture goes black. If I hit Auto WB its really dark and very green. I was shooting with AWB. If I hit the reset button all the sliders return to 0 or middle, but not the temp or tint buttons. they stay where they are, Temp at 3600 and Tint at 102. TNext, the highlight and shadow sliders no longer do anything to the photo, and the clarity slider now acts like an over sensitive exposure slider, blowing out the photo as I move it right, underexposing if I move it to the left. Everything else appears to be working as expected, but in my camera profiles I no longer have the adobe standard profile, its missing. If I open a different folder with photos from last month, from the same camera, using the same process, everything works as normal. I'll be trying a free trial of the latest version of LR, on a friends computer, tomorrow, but this is baffling. Either the DNG convertor is doing something or there is a camera setting causing problems, but I've reset everything to default. Ive also opened the files in Canons utility editing programme and everything appears to be working as expected, suggesting its not something in the files. Ive been scratching my head most of the day with this. Any thoughts anyone?

Can you delete the files and reimport them? And can you also import them to a new catalog to see if the problem shows up there as well? And, have you updated the DNG Converter recently?

--Ken

And have you tried resetting the LR preferences?

Ok so I have a CR2 file that I previously converted to DNG. This first DNG edits as expected. I then converted the same CR2 to a new DNG, and now the new DNG is having the same problems. So it looks like its the Adobe DNG convertor?

Ok so I have a CR2 file that I previously converted to DNG. This first DNG edits as expected. I then converted the same CR2 to a new DNG, and now the new DNG is having the same problems. So it looks like its the Adobe DNG convertor?
Can you download and install a prior version of the DNG converter to see if this issue goes away?

--Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back