• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Weird behavior of adjustment brush, radial filer and graduated filter

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Classic 10.1.1
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
In recent days Lightroom Classic 10.1.1 is behaving very strangely : when I apply a brush stroke with the adjustment brush, I always get a soft white stroke, even if all the brush sliders are zero! Changing any of the brush settings has no effect. See screenshots. When I apply a circular or graduated filter, again with all sliders set to zero, the same thing happens, it applies a whitish filter, almost like an overlay. Moving any of the sliders has no effect.
I uninstalled and reinstalled LR Classic 10.1.1, to no avail.
Is my PC at fault? Is there a glitch in LR 10.1.1.?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-03-07 104232.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-03-07 104232.jpg
    317.8 KB · Views: 64
  • Screenshot 2021-03-07 104401.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-03-07 104401.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 63
Solution
It's "almost like an overlay" because it IS an overlay. You have the option to "Show Selected Mask Overlay" checked (with the white overlay colour selected), so any brush stroke will show the overlay in the brushed area. You can change the colour of the overlay by toggling through the Shift+O shortcut, and you can hide the overlay by unchecking that box.
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
It's "almost like an overlay" because it IS an overlay. You have the option to "Show Selected Mask Overlay" checked (with the white overlay colour selected), so any brush stroke will show the overlay in the brushed area. You can change the colour of the overlay by toggling through the Shift+O shortcut, and you can hide the overlay by unchecking that box.

Solution
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Dear Jim, this solved it! Thank you so much. Toggling with "O" made the thing go away or reappear! Had not thought of this... Thanks!