• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Website Closure is cancelled! We're staying open!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been such a short while since you shut the forum down but I've missed it on every one of those days, wondering how many hoops I would need to jump through to get my many questions answered. The forum had been a lifesaver for me, I don't know how I would have managed without.

Your message came as a huge relief to me!! THANK-YOU! What a relief to know all the great support I've gotten here over the years is going to remain! I can't thank you enough!

If you ever consider doing this again give some serious thought to a membership fee, because I would, gladly, pay to support this forum!

Much thanks to Victoria and the rest of the Team!!!!

Whew that was a close call !!!!!

Brilliant news, thanks Victoria and all the team.

GOOD NEWS!!!! :thumbsup:

Last weekend, I announced my plans to close Lightroom Forums, and I was touched by the response. You clearly care about this community as much as I do, and you made some very compelling arguments.

While I do still need to make some changes, I’m delighted to announce I’ve found a way for the forum to remain open.

By merging Lightroom Forums with my Lightroom Queen website, I can significantly cut the financial and administrative costs, while retaining our independence.

In practical terms, it will mean very few changes for the community - an updated domain name that will automatically redirect your existing bookmarks (to https://www.lightroomqueen.com/community or similar), and in time, an updated page header. Your personal data remains safe, and won’t be sold or shared with any third-parties.

Our lovely team of Gurus have offered to take on some of the administrative load, and in order to maintain the friendly atmosphere we all enjoy, we’ve taken the opportunity to refresh the forum rules to make them even easier for everyone to understand.

Once again I'd like to thank everyone for their continued support, and for helping to build the community we’ve all come to love.

Great News !

Last edited by a moderator:
The profits from my books is what will (or won't!) keep this site afloat financially, so if anyone wants to buy a copy, I certainly won't object, and that way you get an additional significant benefit too. :)

Excellent! Persuaded me to upgrade from the previous edition to the new ebook (I'm assuming your margin on the ebook is the same or greater than the print version). Thanks, Victoria.

Thanks Victoria This is a good news, this forum is the best place to get help, tips and tricks. To all Lightroom gurus in this forum there should also be a thank you for helping make this forum the best and now keep it running. I have read this forum for more than 10 years and have learned a lot about Lightroom.

Jørgen

Last edited:
(I'm assuming your margin on the ebook is the same or greater than the print version).
The ebook layout is the same as the one that went to the printers (but they are narrower than previous books). If you need a PDF with wider margins for notes, I'm sure that can be arranged.

The ebook layout is the same as the one that went to the printers (but they are narrower than previous books). If you need a PDF with wider margins for notes, I'm sure that can be arranged.
I think he's refering at the earnings :)

I think he's refering at the earnings :)
LOL Oooooops!! Yes, the margin on the eBooks is better than print. It's crazy expensive to get books printed!

I brought both the ebook and the printed book. Highly recommended.

Thank you! I'm so pleased you're enjoying it!

Not only enjoying it but learning !!
I wanted to know how to use CC with Classic and whilst the book is about Classic it also covered my question so above and beyond what I was expecting. :)

LOL Oooooops!! Yes, the margin on the eBooks is better than print. It's crazy expensive to get books printed!

Even worse...print them and then ship them to the States! :eek:

Even worse...print them and then ship them to the States! :eek:
Yup, that's why they're printed on demand in US, UK and AU.

EDIT 23 February - WE'RE STAYING OPEN!!!! Read all about it here[COLOR]

OMG, I've only been on here a matter of days so was shocked to see a thread about the forum closing. Thank goodness Victoria has changed her mind as it looks like it'll be a wonderful resource. Looking forward to getting more involved. :)

Wonderful news indeed! This forum is an exceptional resource attended by like-minded and responsive members, but most important, by the Lightroom Queen!

I've only recently found this forum (and bought Victoria's excellent Lightroom Missing FAQ book), so this is great news indeed!

I left on holiday for a week thinking that I would return to an almost closed forum, and have returned to this great news! A BIG THANK YOU to Victoria for giving pause and listening to folks here before taking any final action.I really do appreciate when folks in charge are willing to listen to those being impacted. It is a sign of great leadership and character. And this is a great reminder that I need to order Victoria's book ASAP to further support her efforts. Good to be home.

--Ken

(heaves sigh of relief that my LR safety net will still be there!)
I'd like to add my BIG THANK YOU to Victoria - and all of the participants who give so freely and patiently of their expertise. Even by just browsing, I've picked up so much useful information.
And as suggested, if a bit of subscription moolah is needed to keep this excellent forum going, count me in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back