Website Closure is cancelled! We're staying open!

Status
Not open for further replies.
this forum has been able to remove the mega corporate image of Adobe and replace it with the human face of post processing.
What a lovely way of putting it!

Could not agree more, Colin. As a matter of fact the notice of closing by Victoria has caused me to renew a desire to be informed about the alternatives to Lightroom now including Darktable, Affinity, ON1, Lightzone. I may not make the move as I "own" Lightroom 6, but I will be well informed when and if I do.

~Bob

This forum was a bright light on a dark and sometimes stormy sea. The generousity of multiple people with knowlege to share that knowledge and experience will be lost to the ether for ever. I checked this forum every day and will miss my daily fix. My other daily fix is The Online Photographer. Another generous soul.
If desperate, I will raise a support ticket with Adobe.
Thanks to The Lightroom Queen for been such a bright light.
Maybe my last post. Yeats comes to mind.
Had I the heaven's embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,
The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half-light;
I would spread the cloths under your feet:
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
W. B. Yeats
Another light goes out and maybe some of our dreams also.
Adieu.

Beautifully stated!!

I've not been a daily or even weekly visitor, but when I had a need for LR help, this was first on the list because people listened and responded and followed-up. The Adobe help sites have improved somewhat, but, to me, there still is no sense that an interested human being is behind it. It's just not user friendly. The inconsistency mentioned by someone is my biggest peeve.
Thanks, Victoria, for starting something wonderful.......and for being the very best of resources for LR.

Victoria,

I fully support you in doing that you need to take care of your self. If you are done with overseeing, managing, upgrading and worrying about this forum than you should let it go and peace be with you. We are all grownups and will cope but as you have heard the loss is palpable for many. I hope that you will take all this outpouring of emotion for what I think it is, acknowledgement of what you succeeded in creating. An online technical discussion community that is honest, kind, helpful, respectful, friendly etc..

I also want to emphasize the importance of the small group of dedicated Lightroom "gurus" that have donated hours and hours of their time to patiently answer the questions. Sometimes that same question over and over again. My hat is off to you folks that jump in and answer for the umpteenth time "Why all my thumbnails have a question mark. Oh by the way I just happened to move a few folders." , etc. etc..

Very well put Louie. The community spirit of this forum has made it such a pleasant place to browse or ask questions without fear of being shot down.

GOOD NEWS!!!! :thumbsup:

Last weekend, I announced my plans to close Lightroom Forums, and I was touched by the response. You clearly care about this community as much as I do, and you made some very compelling arguments.

While I do still need to make some changes, I’m delighted to announce I’ve found a way for the forum to remain open.

By merging Lightroom Forums with my Lightroom Queen website, I can significantly cut the financial and administrative costs, while retaining our independence.

In practical terms, it will mean very few changes for the community - an updated domain name that will automatically redirect your existing bookmarks (to https://www.lightroomqueen.com/community or similar), and in time, an updated page header. Your personal data remains safe, and won’t be sold or shared with any third-parties.

Our lovely team of Gurus have offered to take on some of the administrative load, and in order to maintain the friendly atmosphere we all enjoy, we’ve taken the opportunity to refresh the forum rules to make them even easier for everyone to understand.

Once again I'd like to thank everyone for their continued support, and for helping to build the community we’ve all come to love.

Last edited:

Last weekend, I announced my plans to close Lightroom Forums, and I was touched by the response. You clearly care about this community as much as I do, and you made some very compelling arguments.

While I do still need to make some changes, I’m delighted to announce I’ve found a way for the forum to remain open.

By merging Lightroom Forums with my Lightroom Queen website, I can significantly cut the financial and administrative costs, while retaining our independence.

In practical terms, it will mean very few changes for the community - an updated domain name that will automatically redirect your existing bookmarks (to https://www.lightroomqueen.com/community or similar), and in time, an updated page header. Your personal data remains safe, and won’t be sold or shared with any third-parties.

Our lovely team of Gurus have offered to take on some of the administrative load, and in order to maintain the friendly atmosphere we all enjoy, we’ve taken the opportunity to refresh the forum rules to make them even easier for everyone to understand.

Once again I'd like to thank everyone for their continued support, and for helping to build the community we’ve all come to love.

I don't care that it is -2.5 outside this morning, having just read the above from Victoria my day is full of sunshine. My grateful thanks go to all who have agreed to take this wonderful forum onwards and upwards. Thank You

Last edited by a moderator:
Great news. And thanks to the gurus to step up.

If you need additional admin help, I am willing, but do not include me in the gurus!

Tim

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

Great news to wake up to. Thank you Victoria and the band of Gurus, very much appreciated.
I can continue my daily drop in to pickup tips and ideas and also feel safe that if I have any problems there’s always friendly reliable help available.
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Victoria deserves it

The whole team deserves it. They've been working hard with me all week to make this happen, and I couldn't do it without their support.

I'm on the road and not keeping up with everything. Some sites like POTN (some members there were concerned about the closure) have a voluntary donation. Is this available here or if I become a member does that help? I don't mind kicking in for the support I get.

Thanks to Johan I'm more organized day to day than I have ever been but I sure hate editing on my cheapest I could buy MacBook Air.

Some sites like POTN (some members there were concerned about the closure) have a voluntary donation. Is this available here or if I become a member does that help? I don't mind kicking in for the support I get.

That's kind Zenon, thank you. The profits from my books is what will (or won't!) keep this site afloat financially, so if anyone wants to buy a copy, I certainly won't object, and that way you get an additional significant benefit too. :)

Waiting for the Haiku :) Victoria deserves it

Fantastic news that the forum will continue, lots of kisses to Victoria.
Oh dear! Now I need to switch to the other side of my brain and get to work.

Our lovely team of Gurus have offered to take on some of the administrative load
That has just made my entire year!

I've already got your books so...I'll echo the willingness to provide voluntary donations to keep the site going. While not a guru by any stretch of anyones imagination I'd also be willing to do computer grunt work on occasion to help manage the forum. I currently provide computer space for a sheep forum that was also facing closure. While I can do a lot more there as I know more about sheep than I do about LightRoom I am willing to help if I can here as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

.... I’m delighted to announce I’ve found a way for the forum to remain open. .....

Oh Happy Days. What great news to wake up to.
Congratulations and Thank You to you and the team.

I am so glad this place is going forward. I love bringing people here!

Very much appreciated. May become the winner of the year - category "forum keep-alive" :)

Thommy

Excellent news. Thank you Victoria and team, and thank you, too, to all the members who so eloquently pleaded for the forums' future.

I was genuinely upset when the closure was broached - not just because of the disappearance of a valued resource, but because of the loss of such a friendly and supportive community. I've lost count of the number of lost souls that I have pointed to here to find answers, to Lightroom issues that is, and it's good to know I'll be able to do so in the future.

Best wishes to all,

Dave

I am so, so relieved. Whatever it takes to keep this forum open, I'm in favor, including a monthly subscription.

I've been spending the last few days on personal "Plan B" alternatives to try to preserve some element of this forum. Now those plans can remain just ideas and ruminations.

I went to the official Adobe forums for the first time in probably two months, and I was reminded about all the reasons I don't like to use them.

Phil Burton

I can only echo all the relief and happiness expressed above - I'm so pleased and relieved that this Lightroom haven will remain... thank you Victoria - and all the gurus who make this a special place!
Kirsty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back