• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

webmodule where upload my photos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mantra

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Hi
i tried the webmodule and i like it ,but
i don't know where upload my photos

outside my isp , there are cool (maybe free ) to upload my photos?

i hope is not off topic

thanks have a nice day

nobody knows?

There are many places to choose from. You could even have your own web site and put them there, which is what I do.

The best thing is to decide if you want to spend money doing it or if you want free hosting for your photographs. When you have made that decision, have a look on the internet and see if there are any places that you like.

Mick Seymour;4'18 said:
There are many places to choose from. You could even have your own web site and put them there, which is what I do.

The best thing is to decide if you want to spend money doing it or if you want free hosting for your photographs. When you have made that decision, have a look on the internet and see if there are any places that you like.

yes thanks
i want to do a try
may u advises some free hosting links?
i would like to try
and in the near future buy an account

Google search should find some! 'Free Web Hosting'

Don

mantra,

I have delayed answering because,
1) I am definitely not an expert
2) I do not know how good your computer skills are.
3) Your question was very wide.

(I think you said in another thread that English is not your first language, that is at least one more language than I speak :D, so I will try to speak plainly, and I will start at a very basic computer level)

To begin, you will need to decide how much control you want over the display.

1) If you only want to display your photos, there are numerous 'sharing' sites, both free, paid or both. For example:
flickr
smugmug
zenfolio

With these, you use their pre-built galleries. I use flickr, but can't offer any real comparison, I just happened to start there, and stay there because it's familiar.

2) For more personal or custom display, you need to:
a) create the actual HTML code to display/operate the site, and
b) find a web hosting service, to which you will upload and maintain the above.

Creating the HTML code is a very wide and deep subject, and there are many ways of doing this. LR can help with a portion of that by creating the 'gallery pages'. You will need to add the main pages which hold the galleries together. You will upload the files with FTP, and LR can help with that as well.

Web Hosting is also a very wide and deep subject. There are many options, both paid, and (I assume, but don't have any experience) free, but advertising supported. I personally host my site at GoDaddy, but again, I cannot offer any comparisons or recommendations, I am there because that is the first place I started, and changing is not worth the trouble.

Now, that is a very simple start. You can tell us if it is too simple, or needs to be further explained.

......brad

Brad Snyder;4'25 said:
mantra,

I have delayed answering because,
1) I am definitely not an expert
2) I do not know how good your computer skills are.
3) Your question was very wide.

(I think you said in another thread that English is not your first language, that is at least one more language than I speak :D, so I will try to speak plainly, and I will start at a very basic computer level)

To begin, you will need to decide how much control you want over the display.

1) If you only want to display your photos, there are numerous 'sharing' sites, both free, paid or both. For example:
flickr
smugmug
zenfolio

With these, you use their pre-built galleries. I use flickr, but can't offer any real comparison, I just happened to start there, and stay there because it's familiar.

2) For more personal or custom display, you need to:
a) create the actual HTML code to display/operate the site, and
b) find a web hosting service, to which you will upload and maintain the above.

Creating the HTML code is a very wide and deep subject, and there are many ways of doing this. LR can help with a portion of that by creating the 'gallery pages'. You will need to add the main pages which hold the galleries together. You will upload the files with FTP, and LR can help with that as well.

Web Hosting is also a very wide and deep subject. There are many options, both paid, and (I assume, but don't have any experience) free, but advertising supported. I personally host my site at GoDaddy, but again, I cannot offer any comparisons or recommendations, I am there because that is the first place I started, and changing is not worth the trouble.

Now, that is a very simple start. You can tell us if it is too simple, or needs to be further explained.

......brad

Denis de Gannes;4'26 said:
I have been using Flickr and also Photo Works. Both offer very similar features.

DonRicklin;4'22 said:
Google search should find some! 'Free Web Hosting'

Don
well thanks for the answer
i did my personal HTML code to display my photostream
i used lightroom ,but i can't find a photo hosting that let me use the ftp feature

Sorry, the sites I referred to will host the files free in their website own format.

I have not used the type of service you are looking for and I am not aware of any that provide for free.

I put 'free web hosting' into Google and get ten pages of info. Have you yet tried that yourself mantra?

Please do try a Google search yourself.

:)

Don

DonRicklin;4'33 said:
I put 'free web hosting' into Google and get ten pages of info. Have you yet tried that yourself mantra?

Please do try a Google search yourself.

:)

Don

i did
but i did not find useful links (only rubbish sites):evil:

mantra;4'36 said:
i did
but i did not find useful links (only rubbish sites):evil:
I think that the answer is the we get what we pay for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back