Web exporting and copyright text

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pcho

This is my first post here as well as my first migration from PC to a Mac Pro. I am still trying to get use to using a Mac.

I was wondering if I can have my copyright text appear on the image when I am exporting to the web in Lightroom 2.2. I seem to have difficulty in getting the text in my exported pictures even though I tick the box "Add copyright watermark". Can someone hear please help me?

Perry

Welcome Perry, yes the integrated copyright is simply useless. Now there are ways to do what you ask, however I will defer to someone with real experience in web as I have little.

Hi Perry

Note that the "Add copyright watermark" check box only works if the image has some copyright information saved in the metadata field called "copyright". You also cannot change the watermark size, font, position or opacity, so it is all but useless for web export as Geoff mentioned above.

Another somewhat more complicated solution involves using an "export plugin" called LR/Mogrify. Basically this plugin allows you to export images with various effects (such as a copyright or watermark) and then you can then re-import these images to be used for a web page. Using LR/Mogrify in this way does add a couple of extra steps to generating a web export, but it it quite easy to use once you have set things up.

I generally delete the exported images as soon as I have uploaded them to the web, so it does not use up any additional disk space.

Regards, Nigel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back