Watched folder wobble

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Simonius

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Dragged files from CF card into watched folder, then opened LR

In the watched folder no indication of files being counted -i.e. stayed at zeronad still at zero with no files visible in that folder

However I was initially looking at a file 'archived' when the importing files atarted to appear (not with the 'archived ' files.)

after much toing and froing I find that the LR auto import folder isn't in the watched folder where I had put it, (I know that because there is an LR auto import folder in there with files auto imported previously in) but instead it is outside , and when I check the prefs sure enough it has moved outside the folder I put it in

Did I do that inadvertantly or did it do it itself?

who knows - but it is so confusing for a bear of small brain! bwaaaah!:cry:

So I do wish Adobe would
a] change the options in the menu so it is in one CP so you don't forget that you have to additionally 'enable' auto import afte setting it- I mean why would you set it up in the prefs not to enable it? ( OK someone might but why have the 'enable' command other than as a compulsory choice)?

b] supply free Tiger Balm for peeps like me who's brain hurts when using LR (or more seriously make it more fool proof - yes I accept I'm a fool!) A crazy crazy fool:lol:

Should this be in feature requests ? Might it even be a bug? :gasp: feel frre to move, ye mods:D

THat is how the Watched Folder works, IRRC. The folder needs to be empty and when an image is put into it it imports it and moves it to the set Folder. One image at a time, to one set Folder, only.

Hope this clarifies things for you.

And that I have it correctly. :)

Don

THat is how the Watched Folder works, IRRC. The folder needs to be empty and when an image is put into it it imports it and moves it to the set Folder. One image at a time, to one set Folder, only.

Hope this clarifies things for you.

And that I have it correctly. :)

Don

well that's what I thought - but I had the set folder in the 'RAW_IN" folder but it was reset somehow in the prefs to have the LRautoIMportFolder outside the folder I put it in...

i.e. it worked fine last time I imported but not this time...:?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back