• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Want photos mirrored locally

Status
Not open for further replies.

rptdc

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Photoshop Lightroom 2.3?
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Is there a way to keep an identical set of photo files stored locally on my PC, in the same folder organization?

Add photos on PC, photos automatically added/synced in LR cloud?

Delete photos on PC, photos automatically deleted/synced in LR cloud?

Lightroom can store a local copy, but not in the same folder organisation and it will be an unedited copy because of its non-destructive nature.

I note "Go to Edit menu > Delete Photos to delete them from your computer and the cloud". See 'Step 2' in attached clip.

So while in Photoshop Lightroom if I delete a photo, it deletes it from BOTH Adobe cloud AND my computer?

Screenshot_20190712-113828.png

So while in Photoshop Lightroom if I delete a photo, it deletes it from BOTH Adobe cloud AND my computer?
Yes. If you don't want to really delete it, then just leave them marked as rejected and filter to hide them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back