Want my presets back

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hoof Pix

I created and saved a number of presets both in Export and Filenaming. Up until yesterday, they appeared in the respective drop down menus. Now they don't. Yet they are still listed in their Develop folders on the HD.

How do I get LR to recognize them again? I'm afraid to click on the Restore buttons in the Preferences, as the warning says the default presets will be restored.

Thanks,

Thanks Sean. If you (or anyone) have a few extra minutes, I'd love to know exactly what "Store Presets w/ Catalog" means.

WEll it is slightly different on PC and Mac, but on the Mac, the presets get stored inside the Contents, then, of the App Package, instead of in teh Lightroom Folder under the User with Web Templates and the like.

On a PC they get stuck with the similarly buried parts on the App as on a PC, vs the Mac App Package.

Don

So in user terms, if your presets are stored with one catalog, they aren't available to the others. It's great if you do 3 very different styles of photography, each with their own catalog, and your presets are specific to that particular style of photography, but for most people, it's better to have your presets available globally.

Thanks All for the explanations. I presently have 5 different catalogs for which I do need to run the same presets. I don't like to put all of my images in one catalog for fear of corruption and the fact that it takes forever for LR to check integrity etc. (I backup daily w/ SuperDuper).

Its nice to have my presets back :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back