Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
4.x
Lightroom Version
Lightroom version: 4.4.1 [908273]
Operating System
Windows 10
I consider to buy a Wacom Intuos Pro tablet. But cann't decise the format 'Medium' or 'Large'. I've a 4K 27" screen.

Any advice or experience?

With regards, Martin

P.S. It's not my only input-device. I already ordered a Loupedeck + (Second Version)

davidedric

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic 7
There have been many threads on this topic.
My personal advice is to go Small, but I expect many others will pile in!
Dave

Conrad Chavez

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Classic 7
I use a small for my 27" display. The tablet has a resolution of 5080 lines per inch, so even the small tablet has much more resolution than a 4K 27" display.

If you have a keyboard and a Loupedeck, then the next challenge is finding enough desk space for the tablet with all three input devices within arm's reach. Check the dimensions on the large Wacom and then measure the space available on your desk; you might find it hard to make room for the large size. It's really meant for digital artists painting or drawing with large arm gestures. Ask yourself if you really want to move your hand that far to get from one side of the screen to the other. I think medium is the most popular size.

Even though a Wacom tablet is my only desktop pointing device, any advantage over a mouse is very limited in Lightroom except maybe when using the Adjustment Brush. The pressure and tilt features are used to their full potential in Photoshop.