Wacom Intuos Bluetooth Creative Small screen big enough for LR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zack S

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
6.x
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I have used a small Wacom tablet with Lightroom Classic. How well it works can depend on the difference between the active area of the tablet and the size of your display. For a laptop or a desktop HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) display, a small tablet might be OK.

If you’re using a large display set to a relatively high UI resolution, like a 27" 4K display, it can be difficult to use a stylus on a small tablet to hit some of the very tiny controls in the Lightroom Classic user interface. This becomes even worse if you are using a small tablet across multiple displays. For this reason, I often use a mouse or trackpad if most of what I’m doing is clicking or dragging Lightroom controls. But I will definitely use the tablet if I’m using the Spot Removal tool, or painting with the Adjustment Brush or in the mask of a Graduated Filter or Radial Filter.

I have used a small Wacom tablet with Lightroom Classic. How well it works can depend on the difference between the active area of the tablet and the size of your display. For a laptop or a desktop HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) display, a small tablet might be OK.

If you’re using a large display set to a relatively high UI resolution, like a 27" 4K display, it can be difficult to use a stylus on a small tablet to hit some of the very tiny controls in the Lightroom Classic user interface. This becomes even worse if you are using a small tablet across multiple displays. For this reason, I often use a mouse or trackpad if most of what I’m doing is clicking or dragging Lightroom controls. But I will definitely use the tablet if I’m using the Spot Removal tool, or painting with the Adjustment Brush or in the mask of a Graduated Filter or Radial Filter.

Thanks for the reply. 90% of the time I will be using a laptop 15 inch screen.

Go for the small...

Small works well for me. This may be blindingly obvious, but because the tablet maps to the screen, when you need to work on the detail you just zoom in.

Small would get my vote too. Medium for dual monitors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back