Vista 64 Bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris02

Lightroom Version
Hi All

I current run on my quad processor based PC, Vista Home addition which means I only have 3gb of memory available even though I have 4 installed. The computer is mainly used for LR V2 and CS3 work. Is it worth me upgrading to 64bit or am I going to see a limited difference in performance?

Thanks
Chris

Difficult to say. The improvement going from xpPro 2gb in a 3ghz P4 Hyperthreaded system to Vista64-4gb on a core2duo (or is that duo2core ?) 3ghz OC'd to 3.8ghz has really been an amazing improvement for me. LR2 now works the way one would expect with vitrually no delays. I personally cannot be more pleased with the move. I did not want to change OS's but the slowness of PS-CS3 and LR on my exisiting system was at the point that something had to be done. Would expect a lesser amount if improvement in your case given the quad-core and vista home version but in my oppinion if you are going to make a change then go for the top shelf as the next line of software to surface only puts you further behind.

Regards,
Matt

Many thanks Matt for you input, 64 bit it is then! Probably wait for the holidays when I have more time to sit down, reformat, reload progs and files.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back