Virtual Copy shortcut not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Splice

Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
Hi all,
Can anyone explain why i can no longer create a VC via the shortcut. Its soo frustrating as I have to go to the menu and select VC. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

I'm not having that problem on Windows. Are you sure you're typing CMD apostrophe?

If you are, you could try resetting the Preferences.

Really trying to figure out what happened and why I cannot use my shortcut for Virtual copies... please help someone! It seems it started happening when I upgraded... it was always working and now not. If someone can help i would be over the moon. Mac mojave Lightroom 9.1

Which language do you use for Lightroom, for your operating system, and which language keyboard?

If you look in the Photo menu, is the shortcut still listed?

Same problem since recent upgrade. :-/ and I didn't change anything. I cud swear after upgrade that the shortcut disappeared in the pull down menu, but it is now back. This is on MacOS Catalina. And it's a pain.

Weird. So it's back and working now? Or it shows in the menu but doesn't do anything? Which language for LR and OS?

Sorry. It is not in the pulldown menu on an image, but it is in the pulldown on the top bar.

This used to work - and I kept heckling people to use the shortcut in workshops. And now a standard keyboard shortcut operation I do has slowed me to a crawl since it stopped working.

I tried changing language settings (To Canada) - but nothing could budge it.

A long shot, but you could try manually assigning it through system preferences > keyboard. That might also tell you if something else has nicked the shortcut.

Sorry I disappeared. I gave up.

But a pandemic tends to focus you...

I finally worked around by manually assigning it. The odd thing is "Shift-Cmd-=" didn't work, and something else failed. It was making the "View" tab above highlight. Note, the "Cmd='" didn't;t ring the warning bell - something liked it.

I have my silicone Lightroom keyboard overlay, I scanned it for something unused... ":" (Shift-;). I assigned "Photo→Create Virtual Copy" to "Shift-Cmd-;" - got me why that one worked. :-/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back