Virtual Copy or Duplicate Work Around on the Phone?

reidthaler

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Any good ideas that preserve working in DNG? Exporting to the iPhone camera roll and re-importing will only return a message that the photo has been skipped since it's already in LR.

I can make a JPG, but that defeats a RAW workflow.

Ideas beside making a VC on the desktop?

Thanks,

Reid

Jim Wilde

Lightroom Guru
Staff member
Lightroom Guru
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic 7
I'm not following you here. What do you mean by "preserve working in DNG"?

reidthaler

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
I’m wanting to make a copy so i can process as black and white. Lightroom mobile has no VCs, and i cant duplicate an image

Jim Wilde

Lightroom Guru
Staff member
Lightroom Guru
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic 7
Select the image, then tap on the three dots in the upper right corner. That will give you a menu with several options. The second option is 'Copy to...'. Doesn't that do what you want?
I think all that does is add the photo to another collection, but it's the same photo.
The desktop version of LRCC does have a true "make a copy" option, which is actually a full copy of the original, not a VC, but can be separately processed. The copy would, however, sync back down to Classic as a VC.

JohanElzenga

Lightroom Guru
Staff member
Lightroom Guru
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Classic 7
I think all that does is add the photo to another collection, but it's the same photo.
The desktop version of LRCC does have a true "make a copy" option, which is actually a full copy of the original, not a VC, but can be separately processed. The copy would, however, sync back down to Classic as a VC.
Seems you're right. I thought that it would make a real copy (just like the desktop version), but it doesn't. It seems you have to use a desktop version of Lightroom (Lr CC or Lr Classic) to do this.