• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Virtual Copies syncing with LR CC only sometimes? It's getting really frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonmblaydes

Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Hello everyone, I'm not sure which forum to place this in since it deals with both LR Classic and CC but I decided on here. I use my LR Classic to import all of my photos onto my desktop at my home computer. I then pick out the photos that I want to edit and then create virtual copies. All imported photos sync fine with CC but only about half of my VC's will sync. That ratio varies, so it's not always half... but generally it sits around 50%. All photos are imported into the same general collection always and all VC's are made within this same collection. This collection is of course set to sync with CC. Now if I make a virtual copy of my virtual copy, then that 2nd VC will then sync! I'm about to pull my hair out over this because it's very time consuming to go through to see exactly which VC's have synced and which ones didn't... then go chase those down and create a 2nd VC. Plus it's mudding up my collections by having two copies of the same image.

Any help with this would be fantastic! Hopefully this is something that someone here has run across in the past and has a solution.

Hi and welcome!

Sounds frustrating. With the ones that aren't appearing in the synced Collection, are they appearing in your All Synced Photos? That might help us track it down a bit further!

Hi Jason. That is a weird one. When you look at them in the collection, do they have the little sync icon on them?

Stranger and stranger. What happens if you drag them to All Synced Photos? Does the count go up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back