• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

viewing pics from LR (windows 10) on HDTV via HDMI

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickysa

Lightroom Version Number
Classic 9.1
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
"I have searched the world over to try to find a true answer, but poof it was gone". If you are too young for the classic Hee Haw TV show, sorry for the corny intro :)

What I thought would be a straight-forward inquiry has turned into a confusing web of intrigue...I just want to use my HDTV as a "photo album" of digital images. I've found that AppleTV can do this, but I'm in Windows. I'm in the process of converting 30 years of photo negatives to digital format (having it done, not me), so having 3000+ images to choose from to cycle across the TV, rather than the ROKU screen saver seems pretty cool. I must say I'm surprised that there isn't a number of streamlined methods of doing this as it seems like a common thing folks would like to do. Software to poke into the file with the images and pick one out at random, then shoot it to the TV, rinse and repeat.

Any advice?

"I have searched the world over to try to find a true answer, but poof it was gone". If you are too young for the classic Hee Haw TV show, sorry for the corny intro :)

What I thought would be a straight-forward inquiry has turned into a confusing web of intrigue...I just want to use my HDTV as a "photo album" of digital images. I've found that AppleTV can do this, but I'm in Windows. I'm in the process of converting 30 years of photo negatives to digital format (having it done, not me), so having 3000+ images to choose from to cycle across the TV, rather than the ROKU screen saver seems pretty cool. I must say I'm surprised that there isn't a number of streamlined methods of doing this as it seems like a common thing folks would like to do. Software to poke into the file with the images and pick one out at random, then shoot it to the TV, rinse and repeat.

Any advice?

The TV is simply just another monitor. The TV part is composed of an over the Air module that you probably no longer use in lieu of Cable TV. The Cable TV box is a small computer dedicated to decoding received signals over the cable. It may support other internet apps.
The Apple TV is a small computer dedicated to running apps that pick up internet signals (Netflix is one of those apps. Lightroom for AppleTV is another. Apple iCloud Photos is another)

A smart TV is a monitor with a built in computer that runs an operating system that can host apps that draw their material form the internet. Netflix is one of those apps. So is a web browser.

If you have a subscription, then you can put your images in the Adobe Cloud and use Lightroom for the web or Lightroom for AppleTV.

If you have an Amazon Prime membership, you can store your photos on the Amazon Drive and access them using an Amazon FireTV and the Amazon photos app that is included with Amazon FireTV.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Any advice?
Since you mention Roku, it depends on which device you have. The easiest would be to export the files on a USB stick or on a memory card. Then set up Roku to use these pictures as screen saver.

Sent using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back