Viewing images before import

Status
Not open for further replies.

Photofan

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Is there a way you can prevent images going dark when you de-select them before import?

I would like to be able to choose the ones I import without having to import everything but it makes it difficult when I cant see them.

I do view them individually but often (not everytime...) - when I go into individual view - they remain at thumbnail size rather than enlarging to fit the screen - is this an issue with LR5.6? I am using Canon 70D and taking RAW + S2 size jpegs. I import Raw only into Lightroom.

Any advice would be greatfully received as always.

Thanks

Nope, sorry Photofan. Are you using a camera cable or a card reader? Camera cable is often the cause of tiny previews.

when I go into individual view - they remain at thumbnail size rather than enlarging to fit the screen - is this an issue with LR5.6?
This is still happening to me with LR 4.2. The only time I get normal previews is when I download images to the hard drive then import into LR from the hard drive. But this results in extra work because I then have to go back to my download folder and try to remember which files I rejected at the LR level - PITA to say the least. So I just import directly into LR now and not bother to pre-screen with the tiny previews and cull after import -less of a pain. Frankly I find it hard to believe that my card reader, computer SD slot and camera cable all developed problems at the exact same time so I firmly believe that this is a glitch in some copies of LR.
Diane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back