• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

View only images that have been exported

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjlad

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Hi there,
Is there a way to view only images that have been exported?
From now on I'll flag them a certain color but going back I don't know without examining the history of each one ...which of them have been exported.

If you export using a Publish Service or Print using the Print Module, those entries are entered into the Develop History and can be searched. I have not found a way to consistently make the Export module do the same history update and become a searchable event.

I thought Export always wrote a history step, though I must admit I rarely do exports these days, and when I do I don't check to see if a history step is written. Most of my exporting is when I run performance tests, which I used to do quite regularly. Here's a screenshot of the history panel for one of the images that I use:

Screenshot_09_05_2019__07_24.png

I've checked a few of the 1000 images in that testing catalog and all of them show the same.

I've checked a few of the 1000 images in that testing catalog and all of them show the same.
In the All Photographs special collection, do you get all of the exported images if you do a Text filter on any searchable fields that contain the word "Export"? Or do you search some other way?
My text search filter returns no images even though I have many that have "Export - Hard Drive..." in the develop history.

Sadly there is no way to search for exported images or for any other history info, which is pretty stupid when the data is there. Yes, I have asked for it, and no I am not holding my breath.

Sadly there is no way to search for exported images or for any other history info, which is pretty stupid when the data is there. Yes, I have asked for it, and no I am not holding my breath.
How come I can search on "Publish" and get results but not "Export" Is it possible that the criteria is matching another field and not History?

"Pub" could be in lots of fields, Cletus, and it also covers collection and folder names/paths. So maybe the image is in a Published Collection with the default name or in a set.

Have you checked for 3rd party plugins? I don't think the "any filter" plug in from John Ellis has this feature but perhaps you should ask if it could be added. Another one that may or may not have this feature are plugin's from Jeffrey Friedl - maybe his Metadata Wrangler plugin. I don't use this particular one so don't really know. Anyway, do some Google searing for LR plugin's and you may find one.

History is not accessible by plugins. One might query the SQL, in a clone of the catalogue (which is single use), and I think the History data is now stored in compacted form which isn't very readable.

I think Jeffrey did do some plugin where he added a keyword or other tag upon export, and it might be that one. So if you export and enable that option, the catalogue would then have tags which are searchable.

Really appreciate the way you guys dug in on that! Now for yet another one. Actually I'll make it a new post with subject "hide contents of sub folders?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back