• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Video Import Problem LR CC 2015.12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tanner

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Hello everyone, I need some help. I color grade a lot of my video in Lightroom because I can use my photo presets and keep some cohesion throughout my work that way. Usually it works fine, but there are some times when random files (all .mov) will not work and I will get an error. Firstly it says the preview is unavailable for this file and when I click import it says its an unsupported format or damaged file. (4) This is puzzling because I was trying to import 5 clips, and one of them successfully went through while the other four get the error. Why is this when they are all the same file type and recorded from the same camera from the same SD Card? This happens usually every time I try and import video. Some of the files might go through while others don't.

I downloaded quickplayer, checked for updates, restarted PC and programs. The files play perfectly fine out of the program so I don't think they are corrupted.

Any help would be gladly appreciated, I love color grading in LR but this issue makes it literally impossible and baits me into having to buy some color grading program for Premiere which I really do not want to do.

Thanks guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back