• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

video import (.mov) fails

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIS

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 11
I am unable to import .mov files (from iphone) into Lightroom classic anymore.

Upload one of the problem .mov files into Dropbox, Google Drive, or similar and post the sharing link here. We can see if the issue is with the .mov file itself or with your configuration.

That video imports and plays correctly in my LR 11.4.1 on Mac OS and on Windows 10, pointing the finger at something particular in your configuration.

If you put the video on your desktop and import with the Import Add option, what precisely happens?

Also, please copy/paste the first ten lines of Help > System Info here.

I get this message.

1660115518434.png

Windows version:

1660115698436.png

LIGHTROOM HELP SYSTEM INFO:

Lightroom Classic version: 11.4.1 [ 202206241800-b406ce4c ]
License: Creative Cloud
Language setting: en
Operating system: Windows 10 - Business Edition
Version: 10.0.22000
Application architecture: x64
System architecture: x64
Logical processor count: 8
Processor speed: 2.1GHz
SqLite Version: 3.36.0
Built-in memory: 16106.8 MB
Real memory available to Lightroom: 16106.8 MB
Real memory used by Lightroom: 1542.0 MB (9.5%)
Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 1792.8 MB
GDI objects count: 850
USER objects count: 2698
Process handles count: 1906
Memory cache size: 4.0MB
Internal Camera Raw version: 14.4.1 [ 1122 ]
Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 5
Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX,AVX2
Camera Raw virtual memory: 166MB / 8053MB (2%)
Camera Raw real memory: 151MB / 16106MB (0%)
System DPI setting: 96 DPI
Desktop composition enabled: Yes
Displays: 1) 1536x864
Input types: Multitouch: Yes, Integrated touch: Yes, Integrated pen: Yes, External touch: No, External pen: No, Keyboard: Yes

Graphics Processor Info:
DirectX: Intel(R) UHD Graphics (30.0.101.1338)

Init State: 1
User Preference: 1

Application folder: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom Classic
Library Path: C:\Users\shulm\Pictures\Lightroom\Lightroom Catalog-2-2-v10-v11.lrcat
Settings Folder: C:\Users\shulm\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom

Installed Plugins:
1) AdobeStock
2) Facebook
3) Flickr
4) ON1 Effects 2022
5) ON1 HDR 2022
6) ON1 NoNoise AI 2022
7) ON1 Portrait AI 2022
8) ON1 Resize 2022
9) SmugMug

Config.lua flags: None

Attachments

• 1660115680807.png
    1660115680807.png
    23.6 KB · Views: 69
FWIW, I just ran into the same issue with video importing failing with LrC 11.5 on a Mac. Same message. I quit and restarted LrC, which did not help.

I then noticed that in the Import preview, new videos had the words “Preview not available” on them, which I hadn’t seen before.

I rebooted my iMac and the issue disappeared; videos imported just fine and there was no “Preview not available” on the Import preview.

Experience teaches once again that before tearing one’s hair out trying to troubleshoot an issue that on the surface would seem to have nothing to do with the system and everything to do with a bug in an app, it’s worth a reboot. Doesn’t always work, but often enough that it’s worth a shot.

I've rebooted several times, and updated the graphics driver on the computer. No change in behavior of LR. Still failing to import videos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back