• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Import Very confused...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Ballard

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Operating System:Mac OS High Sierra
Exact Lightroom Version (Help menu > System Info): Lightroom Classic version: 7.0.1 [ 1142117 ]

This is driving me nuts...

I open LR and am in the Library Module viewing my catalog...I locate and open the folder where the pics I want to edit are located...I see the filmstrip, I click and select an image or images...and when click import...the Develop Module opens and is blank except for the text "Please Select a Source."

If I go back to the Library Module and double click an image, the Develop Module opens, blank, except for the text "The Image is Already in The Catalog."

Very confused as to what I'm doing or not doing...input is appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Bill,
You only have to import an image once. In the Library module, just single click on an image in the filmstrip and then hit the D key to go to develop.

Or you can click Develop on the top bar to get into that module. I'm not a keyboard shortcut person.

Ah...thanks!

DOH! :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back