• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Version 2015.2.1 has the potential t corrupt the LR catalog

Status
Not open for further replies.

clee01l

Lightroom Guru
Premium Classic Member
Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
After updating to LR 2015.2.1 I started getting problems starting LR and exiting LR I could only exit LR using the Force Quit.option in OS X. Once when restarting LR I got a Message that the catalog was in an unstable state (a very worrisome message to receive BTW) Below is the gist of the conversation I've had on Adobe forums.
Note the response from the "Sr. Computer Scientist" (highlighted in blue)

The Link to the Adobe thread is here
[h=1]Lightroom: CC 2015.2.1 on MacOS 10.11 crashes on start up Won't exit when it does start.
[/h]

I updated LR2015.1 to 2015.2.1 after downgrading 2015.2 back to 2015.1.
2015.2.1 crashed every time it starts and thens can be restarted after the initial crash. When Exiting, LR does not exit and I must force quite each time to get out of the too after waiting as much as 15 minutes for the program to exit normally.
Often I need to clear the lock file to restart LR.

Why not pull the 2015.2.x update UNTIL you have thoroughly tested the new code and quit forcing loyal users to bug test your code.

Version Lightroom version: CC 2015.2.1 [ 1046594 ]

• OK, this is an issue still being investigated by the Lightroom team. They couldn't get to the bottom of it quickly enough for the 6.2.1 update, but are still working to figure it out.

I sent a note to the engineer working on it, in case he needs more information from you to help narrow it down.

• Cletus Lee
    Who made the decision that releasing a known flawed compile was better than not releasing any fix? Pretty damned stupid. I've gone from a poorly functioning LR version 2015.2 to a non functioning LR version 2015.2.1 that leave my catalog in an unstable state. I think you need to warn LR users that the potential is there that LR2015,2,1 can corrupt their LR catalog. I will certainly see that people on LR Forums.net are aware that potential for a corrupt catalog exists.

What happens when you try to import? Import should work no matter what version you use. You may not like what Adobe removed from the dialog of 6.2, but the import function is not broken.

I'm on 10.11.1

to me this is a BIG tick (proportional to the size of the image it covers)

I'm using the same version I have been using for months and about says it's 6.2.1, thats all, so Im not sure how to find out more about what type it is. Didn't do this before.

It tells me that if I log out from adobe then I will lose the ability to use it

I preferred the previous import UI because to me it was pretty obvious how to use it, and that's despite my not being very good at grasping new things. I don't think that makes me a luddite, which is a disparaging term.

Luddite (n.) any opponent of industrial change or innovation. I think this a descriptive term I did not use it disparagingly and did not intend it to be taken that way. It certainly was not directed toward you. There was a groundswell of complaint from those resistant to change or innovation in LR6.2.1. Adobe responded to that by promising to bring the old import dialog back in 6.3.

LR6.2.1 was released around October 5th So, this is not the same version that you were using in any month before the last one. If you prefer the previous import dialog, just follow my recommendation to roll back to 6.1.1 using Victoria's instructions.
How do I roll back to Lightroom 2015.1.1 or Lightroom 6.1.1? It won't affect your ability to use Adobe products by reverting to the old version.

Last edited:
My import still won't work at all on my iMac. I'm using CaptureOne at present to get around it.
In what way does it not work? Does it Crash? Are you on OS X 10.11.0? Did you try rolling back to 2015.1.1?

It certainly was not directed toward you.
OK then, cheers

LR6.2.1 was released around October 5th So, this is not the same version that you were using in any month before the last one. If you prefer the previous import dialog, just follow my recommendation to roll back to 6.1.1 using Victoria's instructions. How do I roll back to Lightroom 2015.1.1 or Lightroom 6.1.1? It won't affect your ability to use Adobe products by reverting to the old version.

I meant of course that I haven't downloaded anything as an individual download except as done through the update feature so Im at a loss to know how it could be anything but a standalone version

I don't absolutely need to roll back to a previous version - I just don't like the new version, but I can live with it - but thats not my issue

My issue is about getting an email saying my trial is about to expire and not knowing what to do about it as I don't have a trial version AFAIK and have previously put in my serial No. when I first installed it but can't find where to tell it that. e.g. there is no 'registration' in the help menu or inprefs - I don't know where else to look

Last edited:
All the images are greyed out in the import dialogue, so is the import button. Don't have time to muck about with it to be honest, so will just wait for the next update which may fix it. If not I'll stick with CaptureOne it seems pretty stable now.

OK then, cheers

I meant of course that I haven't downloaded anything as an individual download except as done through the update feature so Im at a loss to know how it could be anything but a standalone version

I don't absolutely need to roll back to a previous version - I just don't like the new version, but I can live with it - but thats not my issue

My issue is about getting an email saying my trial is about to expire and not knowing what to do about it as I don't have a trial version AFAIK and have previously put in my serial No. when I first installed it but can't find where to tell it that. e.g. there is no 'registration' in the help menu or inprefs - I don't know where else to look

I would simply ignore that email, unless you are having problems with Lightroom itself saying it's expired. These emails are generated automatically, about one month after you've downloaded Lightroom. At the moment you download it, it's officially still a trial version, because you haven't put in a serial number yet (you do that when you run the installer). What probably happened is that Adobe didn't make the connection between your download and your installation and registration, that's why they sent the email.

If not I'll stick with CaptureOne it seems pretty stable now.

I've been playing around with C1 too, but not because of any LR issues.
I like a number of points about it, but it seems to be missing a lot of core functionality for my tastes/uses.
Though I'm finding it IS rather nice to have a secondary cataloger & editor/converter that wont write into DNG (more due to past obstinance, than good reason IMO) - for purely playing around with.. Even if the cataloging functionality is still a work-in-progress. And indeed I do find it to be stable, more or less. I had major crashing issues after a fresh OS re-install to SSD, but re-re-installing C1 fixed that.

Last edited:
I would simply ignore that email, unless you are having problems with Lightroom itself saying it's expired. These emails are generated automatically, about one month after you've downloaded Lightroom. At the moment you download it, it's officially still a trial version, because you haven't put in a serial number yet (you do that when you run the installer). What probably happened is that Adobe didn't make the connection between your download and your installation and registration, that's why they sent the email.

OK thanks for that
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back