• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Version 11.5 New update requests driver update Need to switch off request.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trihelm

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 11
Any one having problems with New Update 11.5 asking for video driver update ? Mine is and its not even the Video card in use ??? Any idea how to switch this off, its very annoying and doent happen on the previous 11.4.1 version ~ Checked for driver update both in windows and with manufacturer ~ not available update ~ any help in getting rid of the annoying request appreciated.

Hmmm can you grab a screenshot of it please?

Will do Victoria ~ Might take a day or so ~ Dont want to have to Update from 11.4.1 to 11.5 again while I have work to do ~ Simply this Gaming PC has two graphics cards, one Nvidia and one intel ~ Lightroom is set / chooses ( in preferences ) to use the more powerful Nvidia card. On updating to 11.5 on Lightroom start up this "Warning " Panel advises that the Intel Video card, which lightroom is supposedly not, using comes up ~ It contains a " Find out More Button which takes you to an Adobe Page ~ Unfortunately it does not contain ( That I can see) a "Do not show again" checkbox or whatever ~ Once the panel is dismissed Lightroom seems fine ~ its simply annoying to have to click the panel away every time lightroom is started. Any clues would be welcomed

Had this on my Windows 10 laptop. It suggested a new driver, which even my HP updater did not pick up. Went to Intel’s site which had a facility to check my configuration. It suggested the update and gave clear instructions how to replace the display driver. The old driver, which Windows and HP told me was up to date, hailed from 2018, now replaced by a brand new version only a couple of months old. It may be annoying initially, but Adobe seems to have done a better job of checking my display drivers than either Windows or my laptop manufacturer, so I think it is probably worth doing this.

When LrC launches, it performs a GPU test. If the results of the test indicate an issue may exist, you will see the update message.
A couple of things I noticed in the post:
  • "Gaming Driver" Generally perform poorer than the "Studio" drivers
  • Multiple GPUs - Best to disable the onboard GPU in favor of the Nvidia GPU. Sometimes they get in each other's way.

I'm having the same issue. Using Nividia video card NOT build in Intel one. LR setup to use Nividia card, but getting "system compatibility report" popup - saying I should update driver for built-in Intel video driver See attached image

Attachments

• LR_comp.jpg
    LR_comp.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 127
When LrC launches, it performs a GPU test. If the results of the test indicate an issue may exist, you will see the update message.
  • Multiple GPUs - Best to disable the onboard GPU in favor of the Nvidia GPU. Sometimes they get in each other's way.

Obviously something changed in version 11.5, since this issue started when LR was updated. It shouldn't be looking at the GPU that's not being used by LR or the system.

Had this on my Windows 10 laptop. It suggested a new driver, which even my HP updater did not pick up. Went to Intel’s site which had a facility to check my configuration. It suggested the update and gave clear instructions how to replace the display driver. The old driver, which Windows and HP told me was up to date, hailed from 2018, now replaced by a brand new version only a couple of months old. It may be annoying initially, but Adobe seems to have done a better job of checking my display drivers than either Windows or my laptop manufacturer, so I think it is probably worth doing this.
Hi Do you have a link for that Intel site please ~ would be very much appreciated

Yep Rikk But could there not also be a " Do not show this again" in cases wher it erroniously picking up an unused Graphics Card despite the used Card being OK

Will do Victoria ~ Might take a day or so ~ Dont want to have to Update from 11.4.1 to 11.5 again while I have work to do ~ Simply this Gaming PC has two graphics cards, one Nvidia and one intel ~ Lightroom is set / chooses ( in preferences ) to use the more powerful Nvidia card. On updating to 11.5 on Lightroom start up this "Warning " Panel advises that the Intel Video card, which lightroom is supposedly not, using comes up ~ It contains a " Find out More Button which takes you to an Adobe Page ~ Unfortunately it does not contain ( That I can see) a "Do not show again" checkbox or whatever ~ Once the panel is dismissed Lightroom seems fine ~ its simply annoying to have to click the panel away every time lightroom is started. Any clues would be welcomed
Clearly I'm not the only one Victoria ~ Others info will give you the screenshot.

Hmmm! I'm normally an early adopter of updates. I might hold fire a bit on this one.

Just an Update ~ Took the plunge and updated the Intel Driver Which seems to have fixed the issue.
Me too. After a bad experience, I've been reticent to update drivers until Windows recommends it. Windows are very conservative. However, this time I too took the plunge using the Intel update utility. My PC is considerably more stable now.

@Trihelm I get a similar compatibility check alert after updating to 11.5, regarding my onboard display chip (Intel HD Graphics 4600). Have done all driver updates possible, and no way to stop the alert. Currently reverted to 11.4.1 for now on the off chance that there is an option to stop the warnings added later.

Same issue with Intel 4600. If I disable or delete it comes right back. I an using a Nvidia card, this just started with update to 11.5.

Attachments

• Intel 4600.jpg
    Intel 4600.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 96
@RikkFlohr do you think Adobe would consider this to be a bug, and be filed as such? It may be annoying, but it may be working as designed, to the chagrin of those of us who cannot update the driver :\

IMHO it's a bug. LR is complaining about an embedded GPU that's not being used by LR
Adobe needs to think carefully about blaming the customer.

Fair enough. I withdraw my comment.

I had this issue. Showed as soon as update 11.5 There was an Intel card showing along with my Nvidia. Uninstalled it. It came back. Long story short, I checked my BIOS. Sure enough, intel was enabled. I disabled it. Problem solved. I don't know how it was enabled. I have not been in BIOS in months, and it was not showing in device manager prior to the update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back