• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Version 11.3 wouldn't even run

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjlad

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
back to 11.2 after crashing on 11.3
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Hi there,
I got the CC update to 11.3 yesterday and "Updated All".
Photoshop seems to work OK so far but not Lightroom Classic. I started it and it opened on a photo I was working on before the last shutdown. Then as soon as I tried to do further retouching on it LR locked up completely. I tried everything to get it to shut down and the only thing that would work was shutdown via Task Manager.
Called Adobe Tech Support and got some guy that honestly sounded like he knew Zero about it. He wanted to UNINSTALL LR completely, which of course would have lost all my presets, brushes, etc., etc. 0
I said NO and instead right clicked the Other Versions option and reverted back to 11.2, which works fine except as I noted in an earlier post the Gmail option no longer works, as happens with every update.

This is what I'm running on, and I set to update my graphics card automatically:
Computer: HP Omen 17" Laptop Installed 20210402​
System: Windows 10 Home​
Processor: Core i7 10750H​
Memory: 64 GB DDR 4​
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTXT 2070 (8 GB GDDR6 dedicated)​

Anyone else having that problem with 11.3?

It's probably a result of the endless war between marketing and engineering :rolleyes:
@davidedric

More specifically, it's probably the result of the staightjacket that Adobe has put on, with its strict two month release cadence. More new functionality = less time for testing.

If you are brave enough, you might want to try Windows 11. I'm running Win 11/64 and so far so good with LrC 11.3. My specs are not much different to yours. I have an i7 12700K CPU. It also has UHD integrated graphics which runs LrC just fine without a separate GPU. In the interim, until Adobe comes up with a fix, it might be worth a try to disable the Nvidia GPU in Preferences. I think I read somewhere that LrC either can't use or has issues with two GPUs.

If you are brave enough, you might want to try Windows 11. I'm running Win 11/64 and so far so good with LrC 11.3. My specs are not much different to yours. I have an i7 12700K CPU. It also has UHD integrated graphics which runs LrC just fine without a separate GPU. In the interim, until Adobe comes up with a fix, it might be worth a try to disable the Nvidia GPU in Preferences. I think I read somewhere that LrC either can't use or has issues with two GPUs.
Still a little hesitant of Windows 11 due to issues former workmates are experiencing at work.
Your graphics card runs circles around mine:
https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i7-12700K-vs-Intel-Core-i7-10750H/4119vsm1053158
I've tried LR and PS without the card engaged and both programs bog down in no time. Just not an option for me.

I have this issue in Windows 11, but only on my large (~500,00 pix) catalog. Other smaller catalogs work fine. Rolling back fixed it.

I had a similar problem to jjlad with version 11.3 - not quite as bad, I could at least shut mine down without resorting to terminating the process. Synchronize folders ran for hours, while only importing about 40 Z9 images and optimize catalog ran for a whole day without completion. Must be all those performance enhancements Adobe included in the release. I also fell back to 11.2 via the Adobe Creative Cloud application and 11.2 is running fine

Still a little hesitant of Windows 11 due to issues former workmates are experiencing at work.
Your graphics card runs circles around mine:
https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i7-12700K-vs-Intel-Core-i7-10750H/4119vsm1053158
I've tried LR and PS without the card engaged and both programs bog down in no time. Just not an option for me.
Well at least that's one issue eliminated.
I've noticed that on importing and creating 1:1 previews, the CPU runs close to 100% and the GPU does almost nothing. However, when running Super Resolution, the reverse is true. When doing edits or exporting, only a few % of CPU and GPU resources are used.

Same issue with crashing on opening the program.
Also odd that when I tried to uninstall, it kept saying save work and close down the program (it was already closed). I had to restart to reinstall, which didn't resolve the problem anyway, so am rolling back to 11.2.

Just a shot in the dark that may affect some. I normally have backup processes automatically starting at midnight. Recently I set it to start at 9am so that I can see what's happening. I note that when the catalogue is being backed up, understandably Lr can't access it. Those having issues with Lr might check what background processes they have running that they may be unaware of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back