• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Ver.4.4 will not import

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickFury

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
4.x
Lightroom Version Number
Desk top 4.4
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.13 High Sierra
Hello all, I'm sorry if this is addressed somewhere on here, "I'm fairly new to forums" but I've been away from LR for some time and just did a shoot now trying to import into ver.4.4 and it just keeps shutting down.
Any help is greatly appreciated...
Blessings

High Sierra does not support LR4. You would need LR6 which is the last standalone version and Adobe stopped supporting it last December.

Just so I understand, LR will start and I can edit now, but just will no longer import?

Thank you for your help. I have some old LR files stored on a WD external drive that I imported just fine right before this email. It's only when I try to import from CF card does LR crash. I don't undrestand why LR will take from hard drive but not CF card.

I don't undrestand why LR will take from hard drive but not CF card.
When you run an old program on a new operating system that is documented as not running that old program correctly, the program (Lightroom) will likely work OK doing some things and fail spectacularly doing others. Perhaps the part of the Mac operating system that reads from cards changed in a way that LR 4.4 wasn't written to handle.

If you want to have a good experience using Lightroom, you'll have to spend some money. See the thread that Zenon posted a pointer to.

Thank you for your help. I have some old LR files stored on a WD external drive that I imported just fine right before this email. It's only when I try to import from CF card does LR crash. I don't undrestand why LR will take from hard drive but not CF card.
I do understand it. Lightroom disables the ‘Add’ and ‘Move’ options when you import from a memory card. In other words; the interface will be adapted when it detects such a card. That doesn’t make it a big surprise that this can lead to incompatibilities between an old version of Lightroom and a new version of the OS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back