Vacation workflow

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version
Operating System
Windows 10
Hello,

I'm trying to wrap my head around a solid travel/vacation workflow with LR 6.14.

At home I have a PC with NAS attached storage where all of my images live. I manage them all with LR 6.14 by importing to my local HD (which is a M.2 nVME drive)... Once I cull/edit the keepers, I use LR to move them into a folder structure on my NAS. Works perfect for me.

Now I purchased a MS Surface Pro tablet I want to take with me when I travel. How can I properly use LR 6.14 on this machine to cull/edit travel photos then import the NEF's and edits when I get back home into my existing folder structure on the NAS?

//Brew

Zenon

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic 7
I'm not a PC user. Have you installed LR6 on your tablet? I only ask because there desktop and mobile apps. Not sure if your tablet falls into the mobile device category with the different OS than your PC.

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
I'm not a PC user. Have you installed LR6 on your tablet? I only ask because there desktop and mobile apps. Not sure if your tablet falls into the mobile device category with the different OS than your PC.
This tablet runs Windows 10 Pro... same as my desktop so no issue there. :)

Zenon

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic 7
When I travel I create a new catalogue on my laptop and name it based on that trip. I store all my files on an external drive. When I get home I copy the catalogue to the external drive and plug it into the desktop. I then use the File - Import From Another Catalogue command and it merges the travel catalogue into the master one on the desktop. It also moves the files off the ED. All edits are retained.

I just started doing this after getting the subscription version so I assume Import From Another Catalogue is available with LR6.

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
When I travel I create a new catalogue on my laptop and name it based on that trip. I store all my files on an external drive. When I get home I copy the catalogue to the external drive and plug it into the desktop. I then use the File - Import From Another Catalogue command and it merges the travel catalogue into the master one on the desktop. It also moves the files off the ED. All edits are retained.

I just started doing this after getting the subscription version so I assume Import From Another Catalogue is available with LR6.
I'll do some testing with that method. Thanks!